02-05-2007 Warriors @ Pacers (Tell me how this goes, fellas)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I can't watch! If we win, Hurray!

If we don't, it'll be typical of yet another under .500 team still trying to turn the corner.

Disgust, *edit* I mean discuss.

preview: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2007020511&prov=ap

the it's a great time out! preview: http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/preview_020507.html

BTW I hate the ads they show on the warriors nba website. Stop trying to sell me Valentines day game tickets with Pietrus on the front with all these hearts floating around! The Warriors team direction already broke my heart! Plus, I don't like the idea of bringing a date along just to get all upset if we don't win.

2. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

This is going to be sweet. Just the perfect thing to spark a huge run of momentum after the all-star break -- whoop the Pacers by 20. You know you want to see Pietrus and SJax manhandle Dunleavy, CR2.

I want to see Powell go for 16pts 9 rebs.

3. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

But what about Ike, he's going to kill the W's for 30 pts, 12/14 FTs, 18 rbs, 1 asts, 1 stls, 4 blks, and 7 TOs.

And Dunleavy is due for a good game, so expect him to get 22 Pts, 5-5 FTs, 9 rbs, 6 asts, 2 stls, 1 blk, and 6 TOs.

4. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Ike is going to murder us in the paint, we need to put Foyle on him.

And Dunleavy will have a career night like all other washed up scrubs who play against the Warriors.

5. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Seriously, who can download the game so if we win, we can revel in our glory? I dont want to watch Ike, or Dunleavy go off for 30pts and have us lose. If that happens I might have to be on suicide watch for the next 48 hours...[​IMG]

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    No JO? Bring on Murfleavy and Ike. LOL.

We just can't lose to Murfleavy now can we? It would be too embarassing being pwned by Murfleavy and Ike [​IMG] .

This is from a sports gambling report:
    "O?Neal doubtful tonight for Pacers with bruised knee

By Covers.com newswire
    Mon, Feb 5, 2007

The Indiana Pacers are expected to be without their leading scorer and rebounder for tonight`s home game against the Golden State Warriors.

Forward Jermaine O?Neal bruised his left knee in the first half of Saturday?s game against Memphis, according to the Indianapolis Star, and is listed as doubtful.

Word of the injury dropped the line from -7 to -5 ? and the total from 209 ? to 208 ?.

?We dropped it to -5 ?, 207 ? when we found out (O`Neal) was out and got a bet on the Pacers and the over right away,? says Randy Stafford of BetCRIS.com.

Indiana is 2-4 straight up and against the spread in the six games O?Neal has missed this year, but is still 37-21-3 against the spread without O?Neal in the lineup over the last three and a half seasons.

?The public tends to overreact to injuries,? says Covers Expert Scott Rickenbach. ?The books have to adjust the line to what the public will respond to. O?Neal is certainly a big-time player, but the Pacers obviously know how to play without him.?

O?Neal is averaging 19.7 points and 10.5 rebounds per game this season. Forward Ike Diogu, who started the season with the Warriors, is expected to start in O`Neal`s absence."

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.as...2172&tid=25&t=1

7. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Wow, no O'Neal? Its the perfect setup for Ike to start and completely rape us on the inside. I'm not worried at all about Dunleavy, he collapses under any pressure or any game with significance and he'll make us remember why we were so glad to have him gone. Is Murphy playing with his broken nose? If so he'll be motivated and when hes motivated hes pretty good.

8. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ike is going to murder us in the paint, we need to put Foyle on him.

And Dunleavy will have a career night like all other washed up scrubs who play against the Warriors.</div>

Yeah,would not surprise me....Nellie won't play Foyle at PF till it's too late.

9. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, no O'Neal? Its the perfect setup for Ike to start and completely rape us on the inside. I'm not worried at all about Dunleavy, he collapses under any pressure or any game with significance and he'll make us remember why we were so glad to have him gone. Is Murphy playing with his broken nose? If so he'll be motivated and when hes motivated hes pretty good.</div>

It's huge that JO is out, but the Pacers play pretty good without him just like the Cavs. I'm not sure if Carlisle will start the Murphy-Dun-Ike front line, but think they'll be seeing some PT. Ike could be the X-factor and he had that good line the other night with JO in the lineup. He could be the guy who's pumped up the most because he would have the most grudge against Nelson and the Warriors.

Anyway, bring on Murfleavy and Ike. I'm getting pumped. This feels like the Warriors Super Bowl (unless they make the POs, but you know how that goes [​IMG]).

10. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    I can't believe it. JO is starting and Baron is out. Darthnooooooooooooooooooo!!!

11. YayAreaFanatic

YayAreaFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I can't believe it. JO is starting and Baron is out. Darthnooooooooooooooooooo!!!</div>

Yeah, what's going on with that. I'm stuck at work, did Fitz and Barnett say anything?

Is Barnett going off about how Dunleavy is the best player on the Pacers?

Has Dunleavy drawn any charges?

12. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

dub's up by 16

clank clank are the sounds from dunleavy murph

while s jax owns them....and harrington hot as well.... monta the man

13. YayAreaFanatic

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">dub's up by 16

clank clank are the sounds from dunleavy murph

while s jax owns them....and harrington hot as well.... monta the man</div>

Thanks for the update boogie. I'm stuck at work hitting refresh on the Yahoo Sports gamechannel.

I just hope this isn't like every road game the W's seem to play. Shoot really well the first half, forget about D, cool off and lose the big lead.

14. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

LMFAO Pacer fans booing, didn't take them long to find out why we booed Murphleavy.

15. boogiescott

still up big....

i hate to say it ...but the ball is moving better without baron

biedrins 9 1st quarter boards..

up by 19

16. boogiescott

j o'neal imposing his will.... blocks monta..... then takes a charge on manta on a pass n crash.... just blocked barnes..... both blocks were fast breaks with JO the only guy back.... amazing D from him....

Barnes had a nice dive on the floor that gave us another possesion...and has hit 2 3's

the harrington / s jax combo has cooled down and made some dumb turnovers

up 15

17. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

I can't begin to tell how relieve i am to not have Dunleavy clankling outside shots for the Warriors.[​IMG]

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Dunleavy 1-7

Bet you guys are enjoying this thus far.

19. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

anybody notice the Pacers are making a run without Dunleavy or Murphy on the floor.

20. YayAreaFanatic

Looks like the scoring has cooled down. Hope the Pacers don't wake up and close the half with a run.