06 Draft Rookie Predictions

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Apollo, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

How do you think the careers of LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Joel Freeland, Sergio Rodriguez, and Alexander Johnson will pan out for Portland`s future.

2. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

hehe i always said The Blazers will get better after Nash will get fired and i was right.
    Im very happy about this Draft,i feel we have 2 strong guys to lead this team together with Webster and whoever we will get for our FORMER "leaders" - Zach and Miles (even though i kinda like Zach's play).

I dont like those late picks though,that English guy looks really weak and i think we should've tried to trade all those picks for the 20th pick or a solid PG like Chris Duhon.

Maybe Sergio Rodriguez will be a good 2nd PG in a year or two even though i think Halperin picked at 53 is better :-)

3. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

I like the first 3 choices from the Blazers. They don't have Johnson anymore. I think they have a chance at 3 good future starters for the team.
    C/PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
    SG/SF: Brandon Roy
    PG: Sergio Rodriguez

4. On_The_Rim29

On_The_Rim29 JBB JustBBall Member

I am reserved on LaMarcus, people say he is boom or bust. I don't know. But Brandon Roy is a stud. That was a heck of a pick/trade/whatever hoops they had to jump through to get him, It was a great pickup. Great drafting by Portland. Really they are loaded for the future with guys like Webster and Roy.

5. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

When you say aldridge will either bust, does that mean he will suck or will be a solid player which is considered sucky for a #2 pick? I dont think he'll suck, but possibly suck for a #2 pick. I doubt it though, hes got a strong work ethic and is a good kid. He might not make all-star level, but sure as hell i reckon he'll at least be a 15-10-2 kinda guy

6. J-Calderon_8

J-Calderon_8 JBB JustBBall Member

You received Sergio for cash, and that's a great acquisition, you should be happy. Blazers should let him stay in Spain for a year or two and he'll develop into one of the greatest steals in a draft.

He must develop his shooting and defense and if he does, you'll have a damn good point guard in your team for years to come, trust me.

7. On_The_Rim29

On_The_Rim29 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NaKz:</div><div class="quote_post">When you say aldridge will either bust, does that mean he will suck or will be a solid player which is considered sucky for a #2 pick? I dont think he'll suck, but possibly suck for a #2 pick. I doubt it though, hes got a strong work ethic and is a good kid. He might not make all-star level, but sure as hell i reckon he'll at least be a 15-10-2 kinda guy</div>

Not sure. I've heard a lot of people say he is gonna bust. I am not to sure, I didnt watch a lot of him. So I'll reserve my thoughts. He was the second pick in the draft though, and he played college basketball for a good team, So my thoughts are, he isn't gonna be a bust, if anything he won't live up to the number 2 selection.

8. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Most people think that Aldridge will bust because he is weak. He could only do eight reps of 185 lbs. at the Predraft Camp compared to Ronnie Brewers' 19 reps and Shelden Williams' 25 reps. He is pretty much all potential and I don't think he will be a star in this league. I see him as a role player in this league.

9. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">Most people think that Aldridge will bust because he is weak. He could only do eight reps of 185 lbs. at the Predraft Camp compared to Ronnie Brewers' 19 reps and Shelden Williams' 25 reps. He is pretty much all potential and I don't think he will be a star in this league. I see him as a role player in this league.</div>
    Tyrus Thomas also did eight reps, but everybody thinks he has huge upside... Hopefully he will though because he's with the Bulls. I do understand Thomas is shorter and weights less. Plus Aldridge came out as a sophomore. Williams was a senior, and not sure about Brewer. But, if Aldridge has the right work ethic, he will add weight. He did add like 15 pounds before moving on to his sophomore year.

10. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

They really need to straighten out this roster. Once they get that done then we can make predictions on the rookies. Who's Portlands oldest player? LaFrentz, at 30, who probably won't even play a huge factor on this team?

PG: Blake/Jack/Rodriguez
    SG: Roy/Dixon/Webster
    SF: Miles/Outlaw/Webster
    PF: Randolph/Aldridg<u><u>e/Skita</u></u>
    -C: LaFrentz/Aldridge

Lots of potential there, looks decent on paper, but with no veteran leadership and a headcase in Randolph on the roster, something needs to be done. It's alot for the coaching staff to handle.

11. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">Most people think that Aldridge will bust because he is weak. He could only do eight reps of 185 lbs. at the Predraft Camp compared to Ronnie Brewers' 19 reps and Shelden Williams' 25 reps. He is pretty much all potential and I don't think he will be a star in this league. I see him as a role player in this league.</div>
    People are stupid to think that he'll bust only because he is weak. That's not a legitamite reason, especially when he's a hard worker. Putting on muscle is not THAT hard. Look at Dwight's transition from rookie to sophomore. He became a beast in the offseason.

Once you guys get rid of miles and randolph you guys have a very very very bright future

12. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Blazers are moving in the right direction. With Martell Webster evetually going to come up into the league you're looking at a pretty good lineup for the future. Jack-Roy-Webster-Aldridge are four players that can make an impact down the road for you guys.

13. PortlandLeBron

PortlandLeBron JBB JustBBall Member

The Blazers are definately moving in the right direction. I am very pleased with what the front office is doing. Jack-Roy-Webster-Aldrige just like C.K. said is going to be a monster lineup once they develop and get some experience under their belts. No the Blazers aren't a play-off team yet but we certainly moving in the right direction to get back to the play-offs.