|0ffical| Drafting in the lotto

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Like every draft we'll have risers and fallers - if we land in the mid/late lotto this is a guy to keep an eye on:

2. BonesJones

BonesJones Sniper

That Robert Williams kid really came out of nowhere. Same with Justin Patton.

3. damianlillard

damianlillard Active Member

If we keep all of our picks. I would like to get justin patton, rodions kurucs, and grayson allen. Obviously it all depend on where our pick land. if it in the top 5, i like jayson tatum and jonathan isaac. if we do get them, the blazers may have found their 3rd scoring option. i rather have tatum more because of his defense. i think we can use kurucs as a stash pick. then we can get grayson and hopefully he can calm down with us a tad more. i think grayson is the most underrated player in the draft. this kid is better than devin booker. he can do a little bit of everything.

4. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
  5. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Williams is going to be a force on defense -- 2.5 BPG | 11.4 BLK% (top-5 in college)

He also has a 7'5.5" wingspan - 44" vert.

NBA comparison: Ben Wallace

lawai'a likes this.
  6. BrunoSOC

BrunoSOC General from Brasil

Draft here we come

7. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Yeah those are definitely some nice measurables. I did notice they mentioned that he was not very physical several times in that video. But he is young and none of these guys are ready right now. So it is all about projecting 2-3 years from now.

8. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the draft really is that good. I have my doubts. Maybe March madness will shine some light. But looking at nbadraftexpress.com out of the top 13 projected picks 11 are freshmen? and the other 2 are international. Damn that is a whole lot of guessing on which ones have the most upside, and work ethic. None I have seen are ready. And how many will return to college?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    TBpup likes this.
  9. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

That was my point in one of the other draft threads. As bad as this year's rookie class is, there was still a lot of hype surrounding them roughly this time a year ago. Every year starts off as a great draft class and many of the "can't miss" players get exposed as the season goes along. I don't watch much college ball these days, but you're right, reading the draft profiles doesn't make ya feel the lottery picks are much better than the back half of the first round, or even that the 1st rounders are a helluva lot better than the 2nd rounders.

Pinwheel1 likes this.