10/16/05 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Chaintime, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Chaintime

Chaintime NFLC nflcentral.net Writing Team

1. Houston Texans- D'Brickashaw Ferguson/OT/Virginia 2. Arizona Cardinals - Matt Leinart/QB/USC 3. Cleveland Browns - A.J Hawk/OLB/Ohio State 4. New Orleans Saints - Jimmy Williams/CB/Virginia Tech5. San Francisco 49ers- Reggie Bush/RB/USC6. Tennessee Titans - Chad Greenway/OLB/Iowa7. New York Jets- Eric Winston/OT/Miami FL 8. Green Bay Packers- Mathias Kiwanuka/DE/Boston College9. Detroit Lions - Mario Williams/DE/NC State 10. Chicago Bears- DeMeco Ryans/OLB/Alabama11. Oakland Raiders - Haloti Ngata/DT/Oregon 12. Minnesota Vikings- Laurence Maroney/RB/Minnesota 13. St. Louis Rams- Rod Wright/DT/Texas 14. Baltimore Ravens- Marcus McNeil/OT/Auburn15. Denver Broncons (f/WAS)- Marcedes Lewis/TE/UCLA 16. Buffalo Bills - Jonathan Scott/OT/Texas17. San Diego Chargers- Davin Joseph/OT/Oklahoma18. Seattle Seahawks - Ernie Simms/OLB/Florida State 19. Kansas City Chiefs- Santonio Holmes/WR/Ohio State20. Dallas Cowboys- D'Qwell Jackson/ILB/Maryland 21. Miami Dolphins- Vince Young/QB/Texas 22. New England Patriots- Chad Jackson/WR/Florida 23. New York Giants- Devin Hester/CB/Miami FL24. Jacksonville Jaguars - Tye Hill/CB/Clemson25. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeAngelo Williams/RB/Memphis26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jeremy Trueblood/OT/Boston College 27. Cincinnatti Bengals- Darryl Tapp/DE/Penn State28. Carolina Panthers- Jesse Mahelona/DT/Tennessee29. Philadelphia Eagles - Derek Hagan/WR/Arizona State30. Denver Broncos- Orien Harris/DT/Miami FL31. Atlanta Falcons - Darnell Bing/SS/USC32. Indianapolis Colts- Max-Jean Gilles/OG-OT/Georgia

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

I will tell you right now that the Jets wont draft an OT. The Jets always get their offensive lineman in the later rounds of the draft.PS: Where is all of the QB's. There is going to be more then 2 in the first round.

3. iknobaer

iknobaer NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Dude, I will tell you right now, the 49ers wont have the 5th pick, they will have the first

4. iknobaer

Also, I DONT THINK IN GODS NAME WOULD THE FIRST PICK IN THE DRAFT BE AN OFFENSIVE TACKLE!!!

5. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Oct 16 2005, 11:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also, I DONT THINK IN GODS NAME WOULD THE FIRST PICK IN THE DRAFT BE AN OFFENSIVE TACKLE!!!</div> Lol, I was just talking to His Greatness and he said he "hopes the Texans get the #1 pick" and that he thinks they will "draft an O-Lineman in the first round" You never know, its possible, and Carr IS getting killedAs they say, "Football is won in the trenches"

6. remix26

remix26 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

miami getting vince young? hes staying for his senior yr i believe and they are comofortable with frerote

7. Holla at ya boy

Holla at ya boy NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I dont think the bears need an olb the way their d is playing they need a QB

8. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ATL Pimp @ Oct 17 2005, 04:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dont think the bears need an olb the way their d is playing they need a QB</div> I don't think the Cardinals will draft a QB. McCown is playing great right now and Warner is definitely qualified as a good backup.

9. European-Star

European-Star NFLC nflcentral.net Member

steelers drafting rb? for what reason.. give me one good reason

10. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

Vikings will not be drafting an RB, Onterrio is returning next year and Mewelde Moore is doing fine.

11. Chaintime

Well all other guys on draft sites give me there teams needs.- Venom, what are the Jets needs?- Vikings need a top notch RB according to every Vikings fan on footballsfuture.com- Steelers would be lucky to get Williams here. How old is the Bus and Staley. Exactly. Willie Parker is a free agent and I don't know about him. This is another need according to draft people.- If Leinart is there when the Cards pick he will be there pick. McNown isn't there future QB at all.- Every mock I've seen says the Bears getting an OLB. Can you name me there OLB.. no. Rex Grosman will be back next year and there high on Kyle Orton.- Comfertable with Gus Feroute, okay lol. He has been bounced around more then a ping ball machine. They need a future Qb.- iknowbare: no offense but I can just tell you know nothing about college football, because if you did D'Brickashaw will definalty be the number pick to the Texans, they need a franchise tackle. (According to a good source, JB inside source to the Texans and owner of draftstudio.com)

12. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HandZ19 @ Oct 17 2005, 03:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>- Venom, what are the Jets needs?</div> The Jets Needs1) "Potential Franchise QB" - Chad Pennington is planning on trying to comeback and rehabilitate and fully recover his shoulder. But nobody knows how long it will be until he hurts himself again and he has become injury prone. The Jets need to adress the backup QB situation with a QB capable of leading the Jets to the promised land. I see a player such as Matt Leinart, Drew Stanton, or possibly Marcus Vick, Vince Young, or Brady Quinn if they declare.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"The club realizes it won't know how Pennington's comeback will turn out until after the major part of free agency and next April's draft are long over. They understand that one way or another they must add a potential franchise quarterback before Pennington even gets back on the field."Source: Star Ledger</div>2) Runningback - Curtis Martin is not getting any younger, he is on the wrong side of 30 years old and is starting to decline in his ability. The Jets could use a pick to draft a future Runningback such as a DeAngelo Williams, Reggie Bush, ect, although personally I see the Jets adressing this in the second round of the draft with Brian Calhoun who is basically a younger Curtis Martin in style.3) Offensive Tackle, The Jets seem to be extremly pleased with Adrian Jones's play since being switched over to the Left Tackle position and believe that he is the Franchises Future Left Tackle after he completly shut down Simeon Rice 2 weeks ago and played well last week. But Jason Fabini's age is showing on the Right Tackle position and I see them signing an aging vet and drafting a player in the 3rd/4th round of the draft like they usually do for Offensive Lineman(Adrian Jones, Kareem McKenzie) for the future.4) Center, Kevin Mawae is also on the older side now and after his season ending injury and an overall poor season, his time on Jets Green might be ending. I expect to see a new Center for the Jets in 2006, although knowing the Jets they will probably bring in an aging Vet to take it for a year, and a 3rd/4th round pick to groom for the future job.5) Defensive Tackle, James "Tank" Reed has played well there this season(except in Week 1 against the Chiefs), but they could always use an upgrade at this position if the right name came along, but dont expect to see any first rounder picks go to the defense this year.6) A good Punt/Kick Returner. [​IMG] 7) Depth.To answer your question though, In the end, I see the Jets picking in the 4-6 Range and taking the top QB on the board.

13. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

You really think Brady Quinn will go in the early 1st round if he declares?

14. iknobaer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HandZ19 @ Oct 17 2005, 03:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>- iknowbare: no offense but I can just tell you know nothing about college football, because if you did D'Brickashaw will definalty be the number pick to the Texans, they need a franchise tackle. (According to a good source, JB inside source to the Texans and owner of draftstudio.com)</div> To tell you the truth, I dont know as much in depth about college football outside the CAL Bears. I get much more in depth with MLB, NBA, and NFL, but not as much as with the colleges. But, just in general, I just cant see the #1 pick in the draft being an offensive tackle, whether the Texans need one or not. Thats all Im saying.

15. WesTheBest217

WesTheBest217 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Ok first of all, your an idiot those are way off for the most part. and my biggest disapointment with that is that no the lions will not draft a DE?!?! wtf is that? our D-Line is fine! we will definately draft a QB, cough cough Vince Young if he declares...

16. iknobaer

Venom, you think the Jets will pick the top QB on the board if they have lets say a top 5 to top 10 pick?Why, I thought Pennington would be back next year.

17. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Oct 17 2005, 04:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Venom, you think the Jets will pick the top QB on the board if they have lets say a top 5 to top 10 pick?Why, I thought Pennington would be back next year.</div> 2000- DNP2001- DNP2002- Came in week 5, Played 12 Games Just fine2003- Injured his wrist, missed 7 games(plus preseason), came back for Final 9 games.2004- Played 8 games and then Tore Rotator Cuff, missed 3 games, played 7 Games with Torn Rotator Cuff, Had Offseason Surgery.2005- Played 3 games, retore Rotator Cuff, out rest of season. Had another surgery.23 Games Missed in 3 Seasons. Pennington next season is going to be 30 years old, he is not a kid anymore. The Jets know that they need a better backup plan then Jay Fielder in the future and realize that we need a Quarterback besides Pennington that can take us to the promised land. A torn rotator cuff is the worst injury a quarterback could have. It is usually known as the death of a Quarterback because the only Quarterback to successfully recover from it was Rich Gannon and he was made a Career Backup for 5 years before starting in the NFL again with the Raiders. If Pennington does recover, he will still be limited physically due to the injury and its only a matter of time before he hurts himself again. As much as I hate to admit it, Penningtons career is over because he will never stay healthy for a 16 game season.PS: JHair, Yes I think he will be a top 10 pick. However, I would put it as extremly unlikely that he Declairs this year

18. Holla at ya boy

i agree with Venom the jets desperatley need a backup because he is bound to get injured every year

19. Chaintime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WesTheBest217 @ Oct 17 2005, 04:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok first of all, your an idiot those are way off for the most part. and my biggest disapointment with that is that no the lions will not draft a DE?!?! wtf is that? our D-Line is fine! we will definately draft a QB, cough cough Vince Young if he declares...</div> Are you talking to me. Your saying I'm the idiot, you make a mock draft. And then I talked to accual diehard Lions fans and they told me DE is a big need. And that's what Mel Kipers and Scott Wright's word is. So I'll take there word over yours.If Leinart is not there when the Jets pick I don't know about them drafting someone like Vince Young. And how does Cedric Houston look, he could be a replacment for Martin.

20. Holla at ya boy

Blaylock would be the replacement I think or atlest he should be