10 Reasons to Stay, 10 Reasons to Go

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Shapecity, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Here's the tally for staying in school:

1. You get to be a kid for 12 more months.

2. Co-eds.

3. As nice as Wanda Pratt is, you don't have to live with your mother.

4. Florida's Gators. That could be you cutting down the nets in San Antonio next April.

5. Your draft stock will never drop.

6. You'll average 15 points for the 24-58 Celtics in the NBA. Fun, huh?

7. Do you really think you can cover Kevin Garnett right now?

8. A mind-boggling 82 games. And that's just the regular season.

9. Ever been to Memphis in January?

10. Did we mention co-eds?

In the interest of fair play, we give the NBA equal time. Here are the reasons for turning pro early:

1. Bucks. Lots and lots of bucks.

2. Chance of a catastrophic injury, which happens like, never, unless you're Jason Williams. Do you even like motorcycles?

3. Get the first contract and then really cash in. (Yeah, like you won't be filthy rich the day after the draft.)

4. Exactly how many college national player of the year awards do you need? (Hint: if you're not ready for the next level, who is?)

5. Big, shiny car. Make that cars.

6. No more lame jokes from Rick Barnes.

7. Interaction with real basketball crowds, including Jack Nicholson and Spike Lee.

8. Need to get that Hall of Fame career started.

9. Someone else carries your bags.

10. Co-eds' mothers. </div>

Source-->Statesmen

2. TruePG11

TruePG11 JBB JustBBall Member

co-ed's hahaha good one

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">TruePG11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">co-ed's hahaha good one</div>

I dunno... I thought this guy just wasn't funny. Co-eds? How veiled. Just say *****. Either way, Joakim Noah's not getting any *****. Gators was showing me his girlfriend and she's a butterface. If you're locked down to one girl and she's a butterface, co-eds doesn't factor into the equation.

What I don't get is why they didn't just leave last year when they had higher stock. If they stayed this year because they loved college so much, then why didn't they do the same this year?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">9. Ever been to Memphis in January?</div>

Yeah, I have, and it's like New York or Chicago in the summer. Memphis in January is lovely. It never snows (maybe once every four or five years). Is 60 degree weather in January a bad thing?