14 new starters and FR at key positions?

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
  2. Targus

Targus Suspended

Anyone concerned about throwing a true FR out to start at tailback behind an undersized and inexperienced OL? I've seen him listed from 5'8" to 5'10" (rivals, scout, articles) and anywhere from 179 pounds to 188 pounds. Looking at his pics he looks closer to 165 pounds. Cooks is around 162 pounds.

Is Riley putting these kids at risk by not giving them a RS year to adjust and bulk up??
    Why has Riley not developed talent in order to have players "waiting in the wings"??

This just doesn't feel right. No way Cook can block in order to open a run game. No way a true FR at 170# is ready to be taking hits from Big Ten/Wiskey's 240 pound 3 year starter LB, or 245 pound first year starting LB or a 300# and 310# DT's.

Riley is already getting kids hurt at an alarming rate. Now, he's about to put them at serious risk...

3. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...troll?! :dunno:

4. Targus

Targus Suspended

Nope. Concerned fan of college and Oregon football who has been going to OSU games since the 80's. Is "troll" the name you kids run to whenever someone brings a dose of reality that doesn't taste good on your tongue?

There are some scary things happening in Corvallis and I'm hoping Riley isn't setting up some of these under-developed kids for disaster.

5. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

You're right. Riley hasn't proven to know anything in his years of coaching at OSU. Until Riley's teams consistently start to underachieve, I don't think you have much to grasp onto by trying to troll by bringing up "concerns" about Riley.

6. Targus

Targus Suspended

Quiz time...

What is 0-8, 2-6, 4-4, 5-3, 3-5, 6-3, 6-3, 7-2, 6-3, 4-5?

It's his conference win/loss. In ten seasons, he's never won a Pac title. His teams consistently experiences the highest level of injuries among starters (*see fired trainer) in the Pac. It's claimed he sends a large amount of talent to the NFL, which he does, and he does more with less -- however, if he's fielding NFL quality players, he's actually doing less with more. He has never ended a season ranked higher than #21, despite taking over a team that went 11-1...8-5 under Erickson.

What is his signature season? What is his signature win - Sun or Emerald Bowl?

Why do so many players under his leadership get hurt?
    Why is the 2011 team so underdeveloped?

It's JMHO, but if you're not asking these questions and willing to discuss them, you may not be a true fan of the program. I can assure you, these questions and more are circulating within the Alums... Guess the "OSU fans" here are just too sensitive not to discuss. I've met Riley and been to functions to support him and OSU. I'm not saying he isn't a good person and good for the program in some capacity. I'm saying something is missing and wrong in Corvallis. IF you don't see it, you've got your head in the sand.

GO DUCKS!!
    go beavs