16 games left, let's make the right choice

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Portland2014, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. #TeamTank

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. #TeamFirstRound

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Portland2014

Portland2014 Well-Known Member

16 games left.
    After having another proof (please don't tell me it was an isolate case, it's been like this all season long) that this team IS NOT GOOD what's the meaning of pursuing a playoff seed (the 8th) that is an assurance of being knocked off while you have a chance to select in the top 10 in a draft that everybody consider the best one since LeBron's draft?
    Sarver, the owner of Suns, said the same thing last night while discussing the Suns future with the ticket holders.

I mean, it's only 16 games, less than a month of play, it won't affect our mentality (that is already questionable even if we haven't tried to tank, so...) for next year.
    And if basketball gods let us select a franchise player he won't have a losing mentality just because we lost games at the end of the season the season before.
    Even if he's not a franchise player we fucking need talent, what better chance of landing talent in a loaded draft?
    This year there isn't even the illusion of landing a big free agent for the first time because we haven't cap space.

Do you guys realize that the only ones who want the 8th seed are Olshey and the players?
    Olshey for saving his ass and the players for saving their consciousness after being massively overpaid and having underperformed.

But as far as competing in the future nothing will benefit us more than a higher draft pick, NOTHING.
    Remember that last year if CP3 and Griffin never got injured we would have been knocked off of the playoffs without even a draft pick, and the fact that we advanced to the second round didn't got us quality free agents or winner mentality.
    Do we really want to repeat the same errors?

and please, PLEASE, don't tell me about Oden or Bowie, you're better than that.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Orion Bailey, BoBoBREWSKI and Sinobas like this.
  2. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Out of all the troll posts, this one is reasonable. I like the idea of a lottery pick. I don't want the team to lose purposely but the playoffs just wouldn't benefit them this season in my opinion

3. Portland2014

What's funny is that when Neil was introduced as our new GM i was raving for the fact he made it clear he wasn't trying to pursue basketball purgatory, and now look at we're at...

Olshey better turn his attention again to soap opera because as an actor he's really good and made us all believe he was pursuing the right path.

Shame on me for believing him.

4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Good for you.

5. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

It sounds like you are living in a soap opera. How is Laura doing? Do I need to call Jake?

BBert likes this.
  6. Portland2014

also, a win @San Antonio won't change my opinion, 66 games > 1 game in terms of evaluating a team, so don't come @me if we win tonight, but i know it's hard not to overreact for Blazers fans.

By the way i love how people in this forum are trying to make funny posts instead of bring arguments, but i know i'm a lone voice so it's easier for everybody to make fun of my arguments instead of trying to understand the reasons why we aren't contenders.

7. Strenuus

That Bastard Jim is sneaking in on Laura! Jim better watch out, Laura's mother is going to tell Steve that Jim is sneaking up on Laura! What? Jim's dad is interfering with Laura's mom? SON OF A BITCH.

RipCityDSCPL and theprunetang like this.
  8. Strenuus

Or, instead of being a vigilante, you could understand that people actually agree with you more... so, come down from your high throne, good sir, and realize you're not as inventive and imaginative as you thought.

Or, ignore it, you've done good at that so far.

Orion Bailey and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  9. Portland2014

If people agree with me they have a strange way of showing it because all i read is people trying to make fun of myself (i'm ok with that, it doesn't really bother me...)

10. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

The reason people make fun of you is because you deserve it. You're a troll. Nothing more, nothing less. You deserve to be called out for it. You've been registered here since 2014, but when the team was winning 50+ games and advancing to the second round, not a single post from you. Not a single positive post ever. In fact, you barely posted at all until a month ago. Now, we get multiple negative threads from you every single day. You cared nothing about the team when they were winning and exceeding expectations, but now that they're losing, you're here every day acting all superior.

Let's make this perfectly clear, you are here for one reason, and one reason only: to push people's buttons and prey on the misery of others. That is the definition of an internet troll.

And, that's the problem with being such an obvious troll, even on the occasions when you are right, nobody takes you seriously. You're an act we've all seen countless times before. There is nothing clever, inventive or creative about what you're doing, or how you're doing it. The forum mocks you and derides you because you deserve it. Plain and simple. You're a troll, and not a very good one at that. You're act is transparent, tedious and boring. We've seen far better.

BNM

Voodoo, BBert, H.C. and 10 others like this.
  11. Strenuus

Look at the other threads. Theres lottery threads all over, there's tank threads.. etc.

TBpup likes this.
  12. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Yes, but the troll didn't start those threads. It's much harder to feel superior when you're simply agreeing with what's already been said hundreds of times. So, best to start multiple, redundant threads every day so you can feel all clever and act like you're the only one that gets it.

BNM

13. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I'm interested in why you say "66 games > 1 game" the game after the second game since Nurk showed up that we got housed (Utah was a housing), and that you think that POR fans would overreact to one game yet you post this after the second non-competitive game in a month. The first 54 games doesn't matter much in analysis, b/c that's not our team anymore. Rolling into the SAS game POR is 6-6, with 2 bad losses (NOP and UTH), competitive (5-7pt) losses vs Playoff team ATL, @playoff team DET, @ playoff team TOR, and a game stolen from us vs. the playoff team WAS. POR beat 4 bad teams and the Thunder twice. All while trying to reinvent on the fly a team that has not played under Stotts with paint/post-offense big.

I'm interested in why you think you're the "lone voice" when there are too many threads to count about tanking. We even have our own awesome .gif about it. When BNM posts his playoff odds threads he gets hammered for being a homer from all the "must lose/avoid purgatory/talent infusion folks, making many of the same arguments you are making.

Who are you proposing we tank for? By my (admittedly not as focused as in years past) review of the best college players, it seems that of the, say, 20 best players in college, 4 are big men. We have close to All-Stars at PG and SG, I'm pretty sure starting C is locked up for a while, and a pile of pretty good SGs and SFs and smallball PFs. Are you saying that the difference between the team that plays tonight and a contender is Lauri Markannen or Jayson Tatum? Or, given the hope that fortune smiles on us, you're planning on tanking for a shot at Josh Jackson? Or dumping that expensive clownshoe Dame and hoping that a freshman PG like Fultz/Ball/Fox/Monk/Smith can lead us to the WCF?

Voodoo, BBert, H.C. and 10 others like this.
  14. Strenuus

When someone just got owned:

[​IMG]

H.C., dviss1 and BoBoBREWSKI like this.
  15. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

How is wanting the team to improve a troll post?

16. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Lone voice? There are so many other threads and posts that immediately make that statement completely void of reality it makes one's head spin.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  17. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    It's only your opinion.

RipCityDSCPL likes this.
  18. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

When you don't debate counter arguments to your post, you troll. You care more about provoking reaction than a discussion.

19. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

So then the ultra positive no matter what posts are troll posts too?

20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Troll spray gif here.