1st mock draft of the 2014 NFL draft is out

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Hammerojustice, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

2. New York Giants: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina--Don’t let all the negativity directed at Clowney fool you; he remains the most complete pass rushing prospect since at least Bruce Smith. Should he wind up with the Giants, you can cue the Lawrence Taylor comparisons.

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2342/20131018/2014_nfl_mock_draft_version_11/

I think they should trade down a couple of picks for an extra pick, but Reese doesn't do that... oh well

2. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

I wouldn't trade down if they were guaranteed to get Clowney. JPP has turned into a scrub. I really like Moore but the Giants need a pass rush. They can acquire the picks needed to stock the OL and LB. Our moron GM needs to trade Nicks, Rolle and Joseph and really none of them are going to fix this team over a pass rush, OL and LB core. Signing Nicks back would be great but he's worthless with a bad OL and a defense that can't play.

3. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

That isn't close to the first mock out. It's also terrible. There is no way the Bucs aren't taking a QB. Their coach blows and will be fired. A new coach will want to start with a new QB. Mack isn't going in the top 20. Teams aren't going to draft a kid who played most of games vs. crappy competition that high. Even with his great game against a good college team.

4. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

I think that you think the Giants are getting more picks from trading players than they will... I'd be surprised if they get one pick at all from any trades... and it won't be a 1st...

5. vette322

vette322 Member

Giants have no choice to but to keep trading down to stockpile picks. This team needs to fill out the roster with perhaps 20-25 new players in the next 2 years, and most will come from the draft. There just isn't enough talent on this team to be compete right now. If they play it right - this down period could only be 2 years, and they will still have Eli at a very capable level.