#2 pick our saviour?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Clangus, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

Finally the team in Seattle is having some luck. Number 2 pick in what appears to be one of the all time great drafts. From all accounts this pick will land them Kevin Durant- an ultra talented hard worker. It seems that Durant is going to be a superstar in this league too. But I recently evaluated the chances of the Sonics and them adding a player of that Caliber (and position)Sure we'd have a great 2 (maybe 3) players on the court, but what disturbs me the most is the other positions on the court. Namely Point and Centre. Now with a sign and Trade with rashard we'd get more than likely a big name PF but we have a large collection of stiffs manning the middle- Great, again durant might be able to plug that hole with his long arms and a PF to help but what happens when he's assigned a LBJ or TMac to gaurd? I'll tell you the sonics will still get owned.Lets imagine that one of the stiffs do something this year - they still have nothing at the point! and then there is the bench - they have nothing! While it might sell tickets, having the pick does not make the sonics even close to a contender and I dont think so for a few years (I pray that im wrong) Lenny WIlkins and Co have alot of moving and shaking to do until we are competitive!

2. S_Gurad

S_Gurad BBW Elite Member

I agree fully.. while they have ray at his peak they need to do something now or just deal him(.) I hate to say that(.) However, Ray could prove me wrong since he keeps himself in great shape and makes his game look effortless(.)

3. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

If its Greg Oden, he's the savior of the Sonics. Ya'll have needed a good big man since SK left. Now if Durant plays well alongside Ray Allen, I see them improving, but not as much as they would with Oden.