2006-2007 Champions: San Antonio Spurs

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Iron Shiek, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

I've watched all of our games against the Spurs and I have never seen a team manhandle us like they do. It literally looks like the varsity playing against the JV's when we play them.

Last night was no different. Sweet Lew tried to be aggressive but it seemed like every shot that he took was a low percentage shot for him. Either he was off balance, or had to shoot a shot over 4 hands. Chris Wilcox shows you flashes of why people are high on him then you look in the box score and see that he only got 2 rebounds. His back to the basket game has improved but it is frustrating that he can't become consistent in any facet of his game.

It is not like I expected us to win this game but I was anxious to see how competitive we would be in this game. Bad part about it is that the team played hard, we were just completely overmatched. And having an opportunity to see every team in the league square off against us I still think that San Antonio, when healthy, is the best team in the league because of their ability to take away their opponents strengths -- and b/c there still isn't a post player in the league better than Tim Duncan.

Tim Duncan is the only player in the league that I would say could make any team a playoff team. You could put Timmy on the Hawks, Bobcats, Celtics, Grizzlies, etc. and they are going to the playoffs. He is what the NBA should be marketing. And he seems to be healthy this season, which should bode well for them making a run at his 4th championship.

As much as I would love a high draft pick, I am more content when our team overachieves. That is why I hope that the Supes finish the season strong and Sweet Lew can get a near max deal in the offseason.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Just following on from your point about the Spurs taking away an opponent's strengths - I don't think I've ever seen a team that can match another team's style of play and beat them at it than the Spurs. They can run with Dallas and Phoenix, and they can slow them down too and play the game at their own tempo.

And as usual, they are peaking at the right time.