2007-2008 Predictions

Discussion in 'NHL General' started by silence, Sep 11, 2007.

1. silence

silence Member

<font size="5" color="blue"><u>Eastern Conference</u></font></p>

<font size="5" color="blue"></font> <font color="green">Northeast Division Winner</font> [​IMG] Ottawa Senators- With Buffalo losing Drury and Briere, the Sens should win this division rather easily. <font color="green">Southeast Division Winner</font> [​IMG] Tampa Bay Lightning- This will be close race between Tampa and Atlanta and could come down to the last couple of weeks. <font color="green">Atlantic Division Winner</font> [​IMG] New York Rangers- The Penguins and Flyers could also take the division but with the acquisitions of Drury and Gomez the Rangers should pull this one out. <font color="green">Remaining 5 Playoff Teams</font> 4. [​IMG]- Just too much talent. 5. [​IMG]- Great offseason acquisitions.</p>

6. [​IMG]- Blake & Toskala will fill the noticeable gaps.7. [​IMG]- Will regain Stanley Cup team form. 8. [​IMG]/[​IMG]/[​IMG]- Whoever has the best start will take the final spot. <font size="5"><font color="red"><u>Western Conference</u></font></font></p>

<font size="5"><font color="red"></font></font> <font color="green">Central Division Winner</font> [​IMG] Detroit Red Wings- A one horse race, the Wings will remain solid in a terrible division. <font color="green">Pacific Division Winner</font> [​IMG] San Jose Sharks- The Sharks look like the favorite on paper, it all depends on a few sitting Ducks. <font color="green">Northwest Division Winner</font> [​IMG] Vancouver Canucks- Just because of Luongo I'm gonna give this to the Canucks but it is up for grabs. <font color="green">Remaining 5 Playoff Teams</font> 5. [​IMG]- Still boast a solid lineup even without Niedermayer. 6. [​IMG]- Smyth makes this team a lot better. The Avs will have a great season. 7. [​IMG]- Still need some defensive help, will need to win on the road. 8. [​IMG]/[​IMG] - LA or Minnesota will get the final spot.</p>

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Putting Buffalo entirely out of the Playoff picture is not wise despite losing Drury and Briere. The team is still stronger then Toronto, Carolina, Boston and Montr&eacute;al in the east. Also, why place New Jersey so low? Final Playoff spot scrapers with the best goalie in the biz, there is just no way it is happening. Look to the Blackhawks scraping at the bottom of that Western Conference table.

3. bronco92

bronco92 Managing Partner

Nice pick with the Canucks in the North West! I believe Colarado and the Canucks will battle it out.</p>

Wow, LA getting into the Playoffs! What makes you think that can happen? Who have they picked up in the off season?</p>

4. silence

silence Member

I missed the Sabres... I should have put them between 5-8. I put the Devils so low because they of who they lost.</p>

I like the look of LA's defense with Blake, Johnson, Preissing, Stuart, and Visnovsky. Could be interesting if Jonathan Bernier makes the team.</p>

5. bronco92

bronco92 Managing Partner

Good point, Jack Johnson is a rare talent and the future for LA's D.

6. XxDJxX

XxDJxX Member

Here are my predictions:</p>

Eastern Conference1- Ottawa Senators 2- Pittsburgh Penguins3- Caralina Hurricanes</p>

4- Buffalo Sabers5- New York Rangers6- Toronto Maple Leafs7- Philidelphia Flyers8- New Jersey Devils/Tampa Bay Lightning</p>

Western Conference</p>

1- San Jose2- Colorado3- Detroit</p>

4- Anaheim5- Vancouver6- Calgary7- Los Angelas8- Edmonton</p>

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

Eastern Conference</p>

1. Ottowa Sens</p>

2. New York Rangers</p>

3. Tampa Bay Lightning</p>

4. Pittsburgh Pens</p>

5. Atlanta Thrashers</p>

6. Toronto Maple Leafs</p>