2007 NBA Draft Live

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by M Two One, Jun 27, 2007.

1. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    This thread is to discuss everything that goes on during the 2007 NBA Draft as it happens. Blur and I will be updating the Draft board below as the picks take place along with some nifty little icons to boost appeal. Also, trades will be posted to go along with the picks among other things as they happen.

Keep the conversation alive and remember that this is a live thread! This means <u>during the Draft only</u> will you be able to make posts like you would during a game discussion thread. Those of you who are regulars to the Bulls forum know the rules to that. If it follows the thread and it isn't stupid or uneeded your post will stand. That is the point of the live thread to go along with continuous updates to keep you informed.

Regular pre-Draft and post-Draft chat is open today until 24 hours after the 2007 NBA Draft has ended. This way, you will all be able to post your predictions, give your own analysis and discuss what has gone on afterward.

[div=50%]<font color=""RoyalBlue""><font size=""3"">First Round</font></font>

[​IMG] Greg Oden / C / Ohio State

[​IMG]Kevin Durant / SF / Texas

[​IMG] Al Horford / PF / Florida

[​IMG] Mike Conley Jr. / PG / Ohio State

[​IMG] Jeff Green / SF / Georgetown *

[​IMG] Yi Jianlian / PF / China

[​IMG] Corey Brewer / SF / Florida

[​IMG] Brandan Wright / PF / UNC ?

[​IMG] Joakim Noah / PF / Florida

[​IMG] Spencer Hawes / C / Washington

[​IMG] Acie Law IV / PG / Texas A&M

[​IMG] Thaddeus Young / SG / Georgia Tech

[​IMG] Julian Wright / SF / Kansas

[​IMG] Al Thornton / F / Florida State

[​IMG] Rodney Stuckey / G / E. Washington

[​IMG] Nick Young / G / USC

[​IMG] Sean Williams / PF / Boston College

[​IMG] Marco Belinelli / SG / Italy

[​IMG] Javaris Crittenton / PG / Georgia Tech

[​IMG] Jason Smith / PF/ Colorado State +

[​IMG] Daequan Cook / SG / Ohio State +

[​IMG] Jared Dudley / PF / Boston College

[​IMG] Wilson Chandler / SF / DePaul

[​IMG] Rudy Fern?ndez / G / Spain **

[​IMG] Morris Almond / SG / Rice

[​IMG] Aaron Brooks / PG / Oregon

[​IMG] Arron Afflalo / SG / UCLA

[​IMG] Tiago Splitter / PF / Brazil

[​IMG] Alando Tucker / SF / Wisconsin

[​IMG] Petteri Koponen / PG / Finland ***[/div]<font color=""DarkRed""><font size=""3"">Second Round</font></font>

[​IMG] Carl Landry / PF / Purdue

[​IMG] Gabe Pruitt / G / USC

[​IMG] Marcus Williams / SF / Arizona

[​IMG] Nick Fazekas / PF / Nevada

[​IMG] Glen Davis / PF / LSU

[​IMG] Jermareo Davidson / F / Ala. ?

[​IMG] Josh McRoberts / PF / Duke

[​IMG] Kyrylo Fesenko / C / Ukraine

[​IMG] Stanko Barac / C / Bosnia

[​IMG] Sun Yue / G / China

[​IMG] Chris Richards / F / Florida

[​IMG] Derrick Byars / SG / Vanderbilt

[​IMG] Adam Haluska / G / Iowa

[​IMG] Reyshawn Terry / G / UNC

[​IMG] Jared Jordan / PG / Marist

[​IMG] Stephane Lasme / F / UMass

[​IMG] Dominic McGuire / F / Fresno State

[​IMG] Marc Gasol / C / Spain

[​IMG] Aaron Gray / C / Pittsburgh

[​IMG] Renaldas Seibutis / G / Lithuania

[​IMG] JamesOn Curry / G / Oklahoma St.

[​IMG] Taureen Green / PG / Florida

[​IMG] Demetris Nichols / SF / Syracuse

[​IMG] Brad Newely / G / Australia

[​IMG] Herbet Hill / PF/ Providence

[​IMG] Ramon Sessions / G / Nevada

[​IMG] Sammy Meja / SG / DePaul

[​IMG] Giorgos Printezis / SF / Greece

[​IMG] D.J. Strawberry / SG / Maryland

[​IMG] Milovan Rakovic / C / Serbia

* - Drafted by another team and acquired by a trade
    ** - Portland bought the 24th overall pick from Phoenix
    ? - Drafted by Charlotte and traded to the Warriors for Jason Richardson and Jermareo Davidson
    + - Miami and Philadelphia have swamped picks and other considerations
    *** - Picked by Philadelphia and traded to Portland for a second round pick

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    To get this discussion moving pre-Draft I think making Lottery predictions would be a good idea. You can give analysis about your pick and discuss, but you don't have to write a lot. However, it would help to explain your selections in small detail at least just to help everyone get a general idea of why you believe each player will land at a specific team. This will allow the discussions to advance forward. I'll begin with my selections and please feel free to use the small icons as I have provided if you like.

<div align="center">
    M Two One's
    <font size=""3"">NBA Draft Lottery</font>
    Predictions

[​IMG]
    Greg Oden
    Details: Why would you pass up on what may likely be the best big man to enter the NBA in the next five to ten years? He's very quick and athletic for his size and works very hard. I remember an interview with him, he said that he believes he needs to still improve despite being one of the obvious number one pick choices since high school. He's going to be something else, that's for sure, but I don't like to compare him to other players. I like to think of him more as the first Greg Oden, not the next Shaq or Robinson. Portland wouldn't be making a poor choice with Durant, but you just can't pass up this big man.

[​IMG]
    Kevin Durant
    Details: In my honest opinion this kid is going to be one of the best players to ever put on an NBA team jersey and the Sonics will be more then open to welcoming him into town at the second pick. I actually believe they're hoping Portland do not surprisingly pick Durant first because it seems like they really want this kid to become a part of this franchise. Considering how much big man talent this team has drafted over the last few years it shouldn't be surprising. They will also likely need to fill a gap left by a departing Rashard Lewis. This kid will be better then Lewis when it is all said and done.

[​IMG]
    Al Horford
    Details: A big body power forward like this can't be passed up on, especially considering that the Hawks are known to pick up the best player available instead of what they really truly need first. I'm sure they'll be willing to take some chances hoping Conley drops in the Draft (I highly doubt it) considering that Crittenton or Law will still be available for certain later on with their eleventh pick. Horford will probably be able to fill their shot blocking needs in the long term while providing a solid go-to option at the power forward position.

[​IMG]
    Mike Conley Jr.
    Details: Memphis probably won't pass up on Conley if Horford does indeed go third. He has the ability to become a solid and consistent NBA point guard while providing this team a long term plan. Personally, I don't see this player as one you can build around, but the Grizzlies have Pau Gasol and with Conley they may be able to create a nice one-two punch.

[​IMG]
    Yi Jianlian
    Details: People are skeptical about Yi in so many ways. His abilities, his idiotic agent and even his age are in question. He's a lengthy player that may be able to fill Boston's need for a big man. I also wouldn't be surprised if Boston attempts to deal this pick or drafts someone else for another team to secure a trade-to-be-made.

[​IMG]
    Brandan Wright
    Details: I think Milwaukee would be a good fit for Brandan Wright. With some added weight and some changes to his overall offensive approach he would likely fit in and fill that rebounding need the Bucks are supposedly craving right now. Honestly, I haven't followed this player as much as I would've liked, but from what I do know, this seems like a good option for the Bucks.

[​IMG]
    Joakim Noah
    Details: Noah is speculated to drop to the Bulls, but for some reason I see him going to Minnesota with the seventh pick. The reason why is because I think this team wants a nice energetic player who can energize his teammates, rebound, block shots and run the floor like Noah to compliment Foye and Rashad McCants. I don't think this is the best option at all for the Wolves, but I think they plan on bringing Noah in hoping to help utilize his leadership if they deal Garnett in a rebuilding process.

[​IMG]
    Corey Brewer
    Details: With the all likely loss of Gerald Wallace, the Bobcats will be looking for a solid replacement at the same standard position. Corey Brewer is likely to be that replacement. I'm not certain if he'll be able to fill that void at an NBA level because he's quite underweight, but he did win the Most Outstanding Player of the 2007 NCAA Tournament Final Four. If he falls here I expect the 'Cats to pick him up.

[​IMG]
    Spencer Hawes
    Details: Hawes will be a Chicago Bull unless Noah drops to the ninth pick or he is picked up by another team earlier as well. He is the type of player this team has been after for the previous two seasons. The Bulls need a low-post scoring option and with a nice touch to add to his resum? you can expect this kid to head to the Windy City.

[​IMG]
    Julian Wright
    Details: The Kings need scoring and youth depth and Julian Wright looks to be the perfect fit for the Kings at this point considering the other players that have been all taken before him. He is a good player in his own right and may be able to fit in and fill exactly what the Kings are searching for. I also think Kevin Martin and Julian may be able to play very well together in providing the franchise two solid scoring options in the long run.

[​IMG]
    Javaris Crittenton
    Details: The Hawks need a point guard, simple as that. Crittenton is a smart kid with a lot of length for his position and looks to be the Hawks' best option at this point with Conley taken by the Grizzlies most likely. I think there is a lot potential to this kid and he along with Horford may be able to bring the Hawks back from the dead. New jerseys, logos, two lottery picks? Anyone else smell a possible rebirth? Hmm, maybe I'm that's a trade I'm actually smelling? Who knows until d-day!

[​IMG]
    Jeff Green
    Details: Jeff Green is in a similar position here as Julian Wright. I think he may be able to compliment Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala very well and very quickly. The Sixers were once figured to be the eventual first pick this year after poor performances, but they had a rush after dishing Allen Iverson and it seems this team could actually be back on the rise in no time with a little help in the depth department.

[​IMG]
    Nick Young
    Details: The Hornets could use another shooting guard to help out with depth and Young looks to be the best option here. He has a solid mid-range jumper and moves very well off the ball providing solid rebounding at his position due to his long wing span.

[​IMG]
    Acie Law
    Details: The future isn't looking too bright for Livingston after that horrific knee injury, but the future may be bright if Acie Law falls here for the Clippers to capitalize on snagging with the final lottery pick. he could easily fill their needs and provide solid leadership for the rest of the team. I've seen so many mock drafts that have this guy falling into the twenties, I can't see that happening. The Clippers could be right back in the Western conference playoffs next season if all works in their favor here.</div>

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I'm pretty excited for this draft, I'm praying to god that Brandon Wright drops to us. I think the Hornets will pick Thaddeus Young not Nick Young at 13. I have Noah going to Memphis, Conley Jr. to the Bucks, and Spencer Hawes to Minnesota.

4. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Great thread. I'll help update it too if you guys need me too.

5. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Great thread. I'll help update it too if you guys need me too.</div>

Sure thing bro, I won't be here for the second round, so if you want to help out Blur with that be my guest. I may even step out before the end of the first round because I need sleep for tomorrow.

6. bbwSwish

Yeah, I won't be on for the first round because of basketball practice but I'll be here for the second round. [​IMG]

7. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, I won't be on for the first round because of basketball practice but I'll be here for the second round. [​IMG]</div>

I got the second round covered, just stick to the Magic board.[​IMG]

Just playing if you want to help out feel free.

8. bbwSwish

Stay on the Magic board? Maybe if you let all of our thread ideas stay on the Magic board I wouldn't get this forum mixed up with ours all the time. Haha, I'll help but only if you need it. I'll keep everything the same format too so it looks purdy. [​IMG]

9. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I don't believe this idea was stolen from anyone. Anyway, let's get the discussions going.

10. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I don't believe this idea was stolen from anyone. Anyway, let's get the discussions going.</div>

It wasn't stolen, it's an awesome idea. I just tease Blur for always jacking our thread ideas. [​IMG]

Anyways, here is how I see the lottery playing out barring any huge trades:

1. Greg Oden
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Al Horford
    4. Brandon Wright
    5. Yi Jianlian
    6. Mike Conley Jr.
    7. Corey Brewer
    8. Julian Wright
    9. Spencer Hawes
    10. Jeff Green
    11. Javaris Crittenton
    12. Nick Young
    13. Al Thornton
    14. Joakim Noah

I haven't done much research or anything, just figured I'd put out a list.

11. Midnight Green

What are everyones feelings about the two second round picks? Will we use both or end up trading one of them for cash? I like the spot we are in, slot wise, in the second round its a great spot to catch some diamonds in the rough. If Glen Davis is on the board I will be ecstatic. I feel like he is this years version of Paul Milisap, and is going to be a steal if a team ends up getting him in the second round.

Another guy who we were talking about earlier in the week was JamesOn Curry. A good scoring combo guard who might be there in the second round. I wouldn't mind adding him to improve our points off the bench. last year when we moved Ben Gordon into the starting rotation, we could not buy points off the bench. I think this year that will be different considering Tyrus is more mature, and Nocioni is healthy. However, I want to make sure its not even an issue we have to think about when the season starts.

If we could use the two second rounders to move up to the top of the second round it would be great to target a guy like Morris Almond or Alando Tucker. I absolutely love Tucker if we got him I would be more than satisfied.

On a side note Sean Williams is the bust of this years draft class, I call out of the league within four years do to substance abuse or legal issues.

12. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">A month ago, Chicago was reportedly pursuing Sonics forward Nick Collison and was willing to trade the No. 9 pick. The deal lost momentum several weeks ago, but there's a chance talks will resume today.</div>
    <div align="center">
    Source: Seattle Times</div>

13. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Not sure if that's a great idea. It depends on who is available at the 9. If some mocks are correct and Brandan Wright falls to us we have to take him and keep him. Hawes and Noah may be tradable because think about Hinrich and Collison together. They played so well in college together and no doubt they'd do the same at the NBA level with their maturity.

14. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Good thread idea, M Two One.

If Yi goes #3, as the latest rumors are suggesting he may, then Wright could fall all the way to Chicago at #9.

That scenario will really depend on what Minnesota does at #7. If they take Hawes, then Wright likely goes #9, but if they take Wright, then Hawes will be a Bull. Both scenarios work out just fine for the Bulls though. It's almost like a lesser degree of the Blazers-Sonics situation, where the Blazers take all the thinking out of the pick for the Sonics.

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

You the man, M.

Knicks drafting Sean Williams.

God forbid Big Baby.

16. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Thanks fellows, this thread should been booming in an hour or so and I'm hoping that your predictions of Brandan Wright going to Chicago are correct, VC. Even if he doesn't fall to us, I'm thinking the Bulls will end up taking Hawes even if Noah is still on the board. I don't think the Knicks will take BB in the first round, MrJ. I don't know if any team will take him in the first actually.

17. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

One of the most entertaining things about the past month has been following crappy GM's on the verge of being fired, trying to engineer trades for/with superstars. None of them are willing to compromise on the value of their packages and none are creative enough to add more than 2 teams into the mix. I don't see any major players being traded during this draft.

Who do you guys think will come out the best of this draft? My bet's on Seattle. They have the Durant which is an automatic A, but all the rumours seem to indicate that Presti is close to obtaining another good 1st round pick without giving up too much. Portland also can pull off a steal or two if they scouted properly for their second rounders.

18. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Seattle is sitting pretty with two early second round picks. If they scouted well enough and are willing to take chances I'm sure they can come out with an A+ 2007 Draft class.

19. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Portland and Seattle are both in great positions to have A+ classes just because they're #1 and #2, but in terms of getting the most out of your pick, I think the Bulls actually have the potential to have an A+ draft, provided that either Brandan Wright or Spencer Hawes slips to them. I'm really high on each (ranking them #3 and #4 respectively on my draft board), but forgetting their talent level for a minute, each would be great picks simply because they address the Bulls' need for lowpost offense.

If the Bulls wind up with Joakim Noah though, that's another story... [​IMG]

20. Midnight Green

I'm not as high on Hawes as others. I would be pretty disappointed if we draft him. At this point I actually prefer Noah over Hawes, and obviously Wright over either. I think Portland could potentially have a huge draft considering they can get Oden number one, then have two early second round picks with which they can get several other quality players.