2009 Trade #3

Discussion in 'NFL-Forums Dynasty League' started by TheBeef, Aug 2, 2009.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

MysteryMen have agreed to trade: RB Julius Jones, WR Lance Moore, and a 2009 1st round pick

to

The Beefadel Bulldogs for: RB Joseph Addai and WR Santana Moss

This trade will be held for 24 hours to allow for league review. If you have an objection, please post here.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

To play devils advocate

Moore outscored Moss last year in points and he's the No. 2 receiver in the passing offense in football right now. Moss plays on a team that will run the ball.

Moore stats

79 receptions for 928 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Moss stats

79 receptions for 1,044 yards and 6 touchdowns and this was Moss' best year since 2005.

Addai is a controversial player. I guess it depends on how you view him, but 522 yards in 12 starts is not good and this year he'll probably split time with Donald Brown. He's nothing more than a reserve IMO.

Julius Jones doesn't fair much better, but Beef also picks up a first round pick in this deal.

Moore is the buzz killer for me. I think he's a top 25 receiver going into this year. I don't want to object to the trade IF MM feels strongly that he's making his team better, but I hope he took into account all of the factors that went into the deal.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

To be honest, I wrestled with this deal internally, but from the other direction....Moss and Moore had almost identical seasons from a numerical perspective....you can look at that as Moore is ascending and Moss no longer is, but I was actually worried that Moore overacheieved a bit and Moss had a down year.....Moss definetly has the track record as a solid to above average fantasy WR.....I think Addai is much better than Jones.....Addai had similar numbers in less games and played hurt in some of those games....I know the Colts drafted a RB in the 1st round who will take some carries, but I still consider him better than Jones who will never be a feature back again....what put it over for me was the pick....had it not been part of the offer, I would have rejected the trade....

So that is my thought process, not sure what MysteryMen is thinking, he would be better to explain that....If you want to formally object, there is still 22 hours to do so....no one is going to be upset if you do, and then the league can vote for a majority....

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

Well honestly i just don't think Moore is going to have as good as a year as he had but of course you never know. I think there's too many good receivers on the saints and will take away from him this year. With Colston being 100% i expect him to get a lot of the receptions and then there's Henderson who i think will have a great year. Also i think with Thomas stepping up in camp Moss will have a good year. The redskins finally have a #2 receiver which should take pressure off of moss and give him more opportunities.

Addai and Jones to me are equal if anything because they're both on pass first offenses and both will probably be splitting carries.

The 1st round pick wasn't important to me because i wanted a RB but don't see anyone i want left. I basically did the trade because i really wanted moss thinking he'll have a good year and moore won't. Hopefully im right

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

You have to remember though that Thomas stepping up is probably a bad thing for Moss this year. As long as Portis stays healthy, he's a good bet for 325 carries and probably another 30 receptions. That's 355 touches and I'm rounding down a bit. They also have Chris Cooley who will see a lot of balls too. The opportunities for Moss with Thomas stepping up will actually be smaller.

The 6th pick just seems like way to good of a pick to trade when the upgrade depends on Moss having a much better year than Moore or Addai returning to previous form. All of which I don't think will happen. If you take Moss' average the last four years which includes his career year, you get 1,031 yards and six touchdowns which is probably about what he'll do assuming he plays 14 to 16 games this year. That's not bad, but is it enough to warrant the 6th pick?

Drew Brees having a pair of 1,000 yard or close to it receivers (Moore and Colston) is not unlikely especially when the Saints throw 600 times a year give or take. I'm not going to vote against it because of disagreements on where players rate out in our preseason rankings though. I just wanted to give you an opposing view to see if you would consider maybe reevaluating the deal, but my rankings could just as easily be wrong.

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

This trade is now official

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

No i understand where youre coming from but i just dont trust moore. Just because he had one good year doesn't mean he'll repeat it. Im just looking for someone that will give me consistent numbers like moss.

Also the 6th pick is valueless to me since i dont wnt anyone from this years draft. We'll just have to wait and see