2011 NFL Combine Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Sex Panther, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    draft stocks going up and down will go here

2. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

First year I don't care about the NFL Draft in a while. Unless the Packers make a move, I don't expect much.

3. Sex Panther

Ask.
    As a Browns fan, I have to care about the offseason. Every year.

4. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

I am curious to see where some guys go.

5. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

I hope the Lions draft a OT. Maybe that Solder guy from Colorado.

6. Sex Panther

Ask.
    Kyle Rudolph (TE) measured in at 6-6 1/4 with 10 1/2 inch hands. Holy crap.

If he runs a 4.55 40, he might move up to the late 1st round.

7. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

After what I heard about Cullen Jenkins, I'm now a bit interested on DE who will go late 1st early 2nd...

8. Sex Panther

Ask.
    Looks like Cam Newton wasn't as big as the people (who speculated he could be 6'7', turns to be 6'5' --still great size) thought.

Also, his hands are smaller than mine (10 inches) by 1/8th of an inch, and he's like 2 1/2 inches taller. I'm not sure if he's got small hands or not :s.

9. Sex Panther

Ask.
    Julio Jones measured at 6'2 and 6/8ths' with '9 3/4th' hands and 4.39 speed. His draft stock might have shot him up to a top 10 spot. Still doesn't change his bad hands.

AJ Green measured at 6'3 and 5/8ths' with '9 1/4th' hands at 4.48 speed. He's still a lock for the top 6 with his great hands and great playmaking ability. He won't go past the Browns if he drops that far (which he probably won't).

These are the top 2 WR draft prospects.

10. Sex Panther

Ask.
    A lot of rumors swirling around that Belichick really wants AJ Green. AJ Green has been oft compared to Randy Moss, but not quite the speedster.

AJ Green to the Patriots could be reaaaaaaally interesting.

11. Sex Panther

Ask.
    Overall thoughts:

- Nick Fairley's stock dropped. Many thought he would measure in at 6 '5 2/8' and 309 lbs. but came up a little less than 2 inches shorter and 18 lbs lighter.

- Marcell Dareus is the exact opposite seeing as how things couldnt have gone better. He measure in a little over 6'3 1/8' and and 319 lbs. all while posting up some great combine numbers.

- Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara (awesome name) are absolute beasts. They both ran sub-4.40 40 times, measured in 6+ feet and 200+ lbs. They also ran their drills perfectly all while showing they got some great verticals and shuttle times. Patrick Peterson is now a sure-fire top 6 pick while Amukamara will crack the top-10.

- The 3 North Carolina dudes all had great lines. Quinn and Austin looked great out there (moreso Austin).

- Stephen Paea is the only exception to the rule of a guy who posts the best bench press and fails miserably in the NFL. He's too good.

- Martez Wilson needs to be on my Browns. He doesn't identify the the line change as well as say, Patrick Willis (not many do aside from guys like Ray Lewis), but they guys is a sideline-to-sideline monster. He's bigger, faster, and stronger. Watch the gametape, he shows inconsistencies, but the man will be an all-pro player if he comes into the right system.

- Cam Newton may very well be the 1st overall pick. He came in the combine and performed very, very well. In my opinion, I wouldn't waste a first round pick on him, much less the #1 overall. I'll say this though, he'll be better than Tebow (and I love Tebow).

- Julio Jones fooled a lot of people this week. He posted up amazing numbers and displayed great toughness but the gametape should be more than enough. He's more of a strider than he is explosive. He's not as quick with the pads on and he's got god-awful hands. AJ Green had a great day as well (not quite on Julio's level), but he's got the most sure hands we've seen since Megatron, not to mention he's a player who's as fast in his pads than he is with testing. His game-speed is better than Jones'. Trust me, i'v watched every Georgia and Alabama game this year. Being an all-state wide receiver (and 100m/200m runner) I know about proper form, leg/hip movement and the transition of the hips. Jones in-game can be rattled. AJ Green can't. Thats the big difference.

- I wouldn't waste a top 15 pick on a QB this year. Locker is erratic, Gabbert is overrated, Newton is one of those college superstars who won't transition well int the pros, and Mallet is as stiff as Frankenstein. They all got shitty accuracy. Of course, teams will be dumb enough to draft need over best player available. Idiots. Colin Kaeparnick, Ricky Stanzi, and Andy Dalton all have potential, but they'll be 2nd-3rd day guys. I'd use my draft picks on them. It'll be a bargain.

- Tyron Smith came into the combine looking like a contestant for Mr. Olympia.

- The top-rated runningbacks suck. Ingram is smaller than expected at 5'9 1/8', Noel Devine is smaller than his listed 5'8', and Kendall Hunter is slower than what most perceived him as. Ingram is the only one of these three I could see having great success in the league.

- Other half-backs I love are Brandon Saine and DeMarco Murray. Saine had decent game-speed but even better combine numbers so that could be a problem. He's got great cuts though. Murray could end up being the wildcard. He could be something special if he prevents injury. He's ridiculously quick, very fast and a great pass-catcher, something he'll really excel in on the pro level. He's not quite as elusive as Reggie Bush though...but a little taller.

- Kyle Rudolph is something else. He's huge, great hands and it sucks he didnt do all the drills. He's the only TE I came out impressed with.

- This safety class has no future superstars.

- I'm iffy on Bowers and Quinn. Quinn could move to OLB, but he's clearly best as a 4-3 DE. It all depends on the system he plays in, and Bowers' injuries scare me. He just showed up his junior year and wasn't a factor his 1st two. I want to see more. I wouldn't pick him right now.