2012 Mock Draft (Blazers): Pick #10

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Ed O, Jun 23, 2012.

?

Who would the Blazers take at number 10?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2012.
  1. John Henson

33.3%
  2. Jeremy Lamb

18.5%
  3. Kendall Marshall

18.5%
  4. Austin Rivers

22.2%
  5. Jared Sullinger

3.7%
  6. Other (Explain below)

3.7%
  1. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The thinking here is to decide who the Blazers would pick at the currently-polled spot. Pick based on the current roster, even if it's unrealistic that the team could move up without making changes. If the guy you'd prefer isn't listed, vote for "other" and comment on who you'd pick. Ideally I'll change the options, although I don't anticipate too many "others" winning.

I plan on having each pick up for a day or two. Ideally, we'll end up with the community's "top 11" list, in order of preference, just in time for the draft on June 28.

Previous picks:

1: Anthony Davis
    2: Thomas Robinson
    3: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    4. Andre Drummond
    5. Bradley Beal
    6. Damian Lillard
    7. Harrison Barnes
    8. Dion Waiters
    9. Terrence Ross

2. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

In case anyone needs a little help deciding..

[video=youtube;OM641vKWGOo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM641vKWGOo&feature=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;jSlEx-m6B6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jSlEx-m6B6s#![/video]

[video=youtube;HBXMJ6bUnYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBXMJ6bUnYo&feature=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;mrbrarSldxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrbrarSldxo&feature=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;reqfYVdtmfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reqfYVdtmfA&feature=plcp[/video]

3. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I've already said I don't like Lamb. Can't say why, lots of people I respect like him, but I don't want any part of him. Good for him if he blossoms somewhere else. And the wounds are still too fresh to take an Ohio State big man with unbalanced body that's already causing back problems...

Royce White intrigues me a lot right here. I don't know what his interview is like, I don't know if he's a bad kid with basketball skills or a renaissance man with a treatable psychological disorder, but the guy can play and seems really intelligent. I worry that he might be a bit too small for PF, but if we've gotten a big like Robinson or Drummond with the first pick then I'd probably take a flier on White at SF over Rivers, Henson, or Marshall.

4. RayDavies

RayDavies Member

Henson seems like the "safe" pick here, and once you're out of the top 5 or so, you have to begin to look at who might be a solid starter/roleplayer as opposed to a star.

I think JH will come in, block some shots, rebound, and be a strong defensive presence. Good enough for me at #10...

5. OregonHuskerMan

OregonHuskerMan Well-Known Member

Tough answer. I'll vote after I think about it more, but I'm leaning Perry Jones, Lamb or maybe Rivers. If Lamb could get to the rim it would be him, and if Perry Jones had Rivers mentality it would be him. Lamb has all the tools, but none of the strength.

6. VanillaGorilla

I don't know if "strong defensive presence" is the right phrasing with him.. He got blocks and rebounds in college almost exclusively because of his length. He routinely got pushed around very easily by stronger guys on defense and while trying to rebounding. I voted Henson as well, but I really don't like anyone in this range.

7. VanillaGorilla

I think I would have voted Lamb if we for sure were going to have a good, pass first PG. Lamb is dumb as hell and can't pass for shit.

8. OregonHuskerMan

OregonHuskerMan Well-Known Member

Better passer than rivers, higher BBIQ than Rivers. In his personal life, he is dumb as rocks, yes... but basketball wise, he knows what to do off the ball, in transition, when to pull up, good instincts, smart D. Rivers off the ball is literally a recipe for a disaster.

Honestly, I'm leaning PJ3 at this point in the draft.

9. RedHotRollin

RedHotRollin Member

[video=youtube;Bv9dX1WFzS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv9dX1WFzS4[/video]

10. 42N8Bounce

42N8Bounce Red Hot And Rebuilding

I voted Henson here, but I'm with you - Royce White brings a lot to the table. Most of the mocks are showing him going in the 20's, perhaps to the Celtics. I think he's a steal at that range.

11. VanillaGorilla

Rivers averaged 2.5 assists per 40 minutes, Lamb averaged 1.8. They are both terrible at passing, but Lamb is worse by the stats and by my opinion. Rivers can get to the hoop better, but Lamb has the better physical tools, especially for defense. I don't know if I agree that Lamb has a higher BBIQ than Rivers, they both take some pretty shitty shots IMO.

12. Blaze01

Blaze01 JBB JustBBall Member

Rivers....

and he should have gone several picks earlier....

13. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Agreed.