2022 Draft Lottery rewind: Sabonis stares down Dame

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blazerfan11, Mar 30, 2023.

1. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

Cued up the Trail Blazers result at 7, which meant Sacramento had moved into the top 4.
    Sabonis

Question: would you trade Shaedon Sharpe for Keegan Murray?
    Although the Trail Blazers "lost" in the lottery, I think they were winners in the draft. Sacramento was as well, as Murray has helped them get into the playoffs after a long drought.

2. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

No , i wouldn't trade Sharpe for Keegan. I think Keegan will be a nice player, and a sharp shooter, but i think Shaedon has shown his upside for an all around game. That being said, if Sharpe is to fulfill the promise he's showing, he will have to hit the gym with Dame Like intensity and drive. No slacking off. Total determination to hit the practice facility all offseason. Plenty time for vacation later in career.

3. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Ask us again in about 3 years. Chances are VERY strong that we will wish we drafted somebody available after Sharpe, just because that's been true of basically every Portland pick in living memory other than Dame.

(Currently Jeremy Sochan and Jalen Williams are strong candidates. Some would say Jalen Duren also, but I'm leaning more towards Walker Kessler.)

4. tykendo

Could be, but i like the Blazers chances that they got it right. Especially if Shaedon puts the work in.

5. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    There's about a 1 in 20 chance, but fingers crossed!

If someone could be bothered, it would be fun to go through the past ten or more drafts and pick the "best pick" in each - that is, a player better-than-whom nobody was available. (Of course, that could be true of multiple picks, but maybe the FIRST one.)

I'll start:
    #6. Damian Lillard. Or possibly:
    #35. Draymond Green.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  6. tykendo

I take Dame over the Unidufus anyday or anytime. Dray has been an incredible role player for the Warriors. But Dame has been the full meal deal.