38 pts in the first qtr...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Roland Hood, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

...to the sorry Warriors without J-Rich? I watched part of the 1st quarter and if the Warriors weren't getting layups they were getting wide open jumpers. Pathetic.

2. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

it's always pretty pathetic this season.

3. Roland Hood

True dat. Still, watching guys like Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavey and some 19 yr old Russian guy who I've never heard of before shred our defense and just seemed like a new low. This after a lackluster effort against Portland and our ex-coach.

62 points at half, at least we've got 56 ourselves.

BTW, Murphy and Dunleavy are decent players, just not guys who I except to see waltzing down the lane unimpeded.

4. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

^^ What are you talking about? Murphy and Dunleavy aren't even playing well, not it's in the fourth and Dunleavy still has 2 points on 1-7 shooting. We're up 14. I predict that the Warriors will get within 5 at some point, because we're the Sonics, that's how we roll [​IMG] .

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I prefer to focus on the fact we only conceded nine points in the third quarter.

6. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

third quarter was the best. we crushed them. somehow we let them in in the 4th. that was lame...luckily we won by 4. well not by luck, sorta...i mean baron davis was getting 3's like mad at the end, so we did pretty okay at the end despite how many shots warriors put up.

7. Roland Hood

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">^^ What are you talking about? Murphy and Dunleavy aren't even playing well, not it's in the fourth and Dunleavy still has 2 points on 1-7 shooting. We're up 14. I predict that the Warriors will get within 5 at some point, because we're the Sonics, that's how we roll [​IMG] .</div>

Well maybe I got Dunleavy mixed up, they had 3 white guys in at the same time and they were all a blur as they cut through the lane I coudn't tell.

As I watched the first quarter even KC remarked that we came out flat and GS flat out wanted it more. And we had to send double teams down on Troy Murphy since we couldn't push him out of the post.

Haven't watched the rest of the game yet but obviously we had a nice 3rd quarter, only to give up 36 in the 4th.