???

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AdropOFvenom, Jul 20, 2007.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Why is it when a pitcher gets an error in the field, that the runs that come from it are charged as Unearned Runs? Seems to me like he should get charged with the full Earned Runs there because the Runs were his damn fault....

2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

I agree. Baseball has a lot of dumb rules though.My least favorite: When a batter hits it (for example to the shortstop) and the SS throws it to 2nd. They get the guy out at 2nd. The batter is obviously safe at 1st. Why doesn't he get a hit for it? It pisses me off.

3. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Jul 21 2007, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree. Baseball has a lot of dumb rules though.My least favorite: When a batter hits it (for example to the shortstop) and the SS throws it to 2nd. They get the guy out at 2nd. The batter is obviously safe at 1st. Why doesn't he get a hit for it? It pisses me off.</div>It's called fielder's choice for a reason. The fielder choses to go after the runner at 2nd base, and not the runner at 1B.And here is one that's dumb: A sacrifice fly is not considered an At-Bat b/c it is a successful maneuver, but and RBI groundout is considered an at-bat. That's a successful maneuver, but you get charged with a time at-bat. I agree though, that a sac fly should lower OBP, b/c it is not a tactical maneuver like the sac bunt is

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Jul 21 2007, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Jul 21 2007, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree. Baseball has a lot of dumb rules though.My least favorite: When a batter hits it (for example to the shortstop) and the SS throws it to 2nd. They get the guy out at 2nd. The batter is obviously safe at 1st. Why doesn't he get a hit for it? It pisses me off.</div>It's called fielder's choice for a reason. The fielder choses to go after the runner at 2nd base, and not the runner at 1B.And here is one that's dumb: A sacrifice fly is not considered an At-Bat b/c it is a successful maneuver, but and RBI groundout is considered an at-bat. That's a successful maneuver, but you get charged with a time at-bat. I agree though, that a sac fly should lower OBP, b/c it is not a tactical maneuver like the sac bunt is</div>So? He's safe, isn't he?

5. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Jul 21 2007, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Jul 21 2007, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Jul 21 2007, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree. Baseball has a lot of dumb rules though.My least favorite: When a batter hits it (for example to the shortstop) and the SS throws it to 2nd. They get the guy out at 2nd. The batter is obviously safe at 1st. Why doesn't he get a hit for it? It pisses me off.</div>It's called fielder's choice for a reason. The fielder choses to go after the runner at 2nd base, and not the runner at 1B.And here is one that's dumb: A sacrifice fly is not considered an At-Bat b/c it is a successful maneuver, but and RBI groundout is considered an at-bat. That's a successful maneuver, but you get charged with a time at-bat. I agree though, that a sac fly should lower OBP, b/c it is not a tactical maneuver like the sac bunt is</div>So? He's safe, isn't he?</div>Well the fielder would have been able to throw him out at 1st, but decided to go after the lead runner instead. Why should he be rewarded for reaching base when he would have been out had no one been on base? The fielder chose to go after another runner.

6. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Punisher are you talking about going after the 3rd out?