5 reasons why Danny Garcia will beat Khan

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Jul 13, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Before I get to the reason why I feel Danny Garcia will win, let’s take a brief look at who Amir Khan will be fighting (as not many people know a lot about the WBC champion). This is a guy who was born in a very tough neighborhood in Northern Philadelphia to a Puerto Rican mother and father, who was a former boxer himself.

Danny had to learn his trade the hard way and his father introduced him to boxing at the tender age of 10, the minimum age allowed by local law for a minor to train. He has risen through the ranks in a very short space of time, and we will all find out why on Saturday.

5 reasons why he will win

1) Danny Garcia is unbeaten, and we all know how dangerous unbeaten young fighters can be. His confidence in believing he is unbeatable will give him the advantage.

2) He has fought better fighters, especially recently, his last three opponents were Kendal Holt, Nate Campbell and the legend Eric Morales, all three were former world champions.

3) Khan tends to fight on the back foot when under pressure and if you look closely at Danny’s style he always puts his opponents under constant pressure, this is more evident during the championship rounds, where it really matters. This should help him get the judges vote if it goes to points.

4) Danny is physically much more stronger than khan and I believe he has better punching power, he also tends to become more aggressive when he takes a punch.

5)Amir has been training with a new strength and conditioning coach and I believe this may prove to be a hindrance as he does not look to be in optimum condition i.e. compared to when he was training with Alex Ariza, this was evident by viewing his physique during a recent media workout.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/07/5-reasons-why-garcia-will-beat-khan/#more-123714