7,000 Posts

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Rudeezy, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

We strive for quality over quanity, and we have seemed to manage to put the two together in this Warriors forum.

This place is going to be absolutely crazy by the start of the next season if we keep growing at this rate. Here is too many more to come! :beerchug:

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

7,000 posts! Holy crap! I go into other forums and you can literally hear the crickets. This forum is awesome.

3. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I've noticed that we just sort of cranked out 500 posts over the last couple of weeks.

4. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Its all this excitement going on in the NBA. The Warriors just happened to be involved in alot of rumors and signings. We had nothing to talk about before that. It was all playoffs.

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I guess we owe it to Mullin for creating all this stir and the ESPN boards tanking.

6. Rudeezy

Yea that fisher thread already has over 1000 views.[​IMG]

7. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

The Fisher signing is such a strange/hot topic because it either signals 1) Mullin is a master who knows something we don't, 2) that something we don't know is that he has a flurry of trades coming up, or 3) that Mullin is crazy. That, and Fisher was a highly sought-after FA by other teams who didn't think he was on GS' radar. And it definitely proves that Mullin is a master poker player who doesn't show his hand. Even though everyone thought he was drafting Biedrins, they didn't know if he'd move up or risk it, for example. He called their bluffs, which was pretty good.

By the way, as per the 3 options, I think it's all 3.

8. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Zhone:</div><div class="quote_post">The Fisher signing is such a strange/hot topic because it either signals 1) Mullin is a master who knows something we don't, 2) that something we don't know is that he has a flurry of trades coming up, or 3) that Mullin is crazy. That, and Fisher was a highly sought-after FA by other teams who didn't think he was on GS' radar. And it definitely proves that Mullin is a master poker player who doesn't show his hand. Even though everyone thought he was drafting Biedrins, they didn't know if he'd move up or risk it, for example. He called their bluffs, which was pretty good.

By the way, as per the 3 options, I think it's all 3.</div>You know, I think its funny you brought that up because I was thinking the same thing. I suspected that Mullin is probably is a wonderful Poker player because everything he does is unexpected and he doesn't reveal much. But we'll have to see what his hand is before he can clear the chips off the table and walk away grinning. Hopefully he won't be the guy at the table getting laughed at because he didn't fold when he had the chance. Obviously the 6 year deals for the 30 something year old players is incredibly risky for the future of the franchise.

9. Rudeezy

Damn guys, we are almost at 8,000 posts now. 1,000 posts in 2 weeks?[​IMG]

10. Custodianrules2

11. wtwalker77

I thought I'd bring this thread back to life in light of the growth of JBB over the past six months. This site had been running for about a year and a half at the time the Warriors forum passed 7,000 posts. In under two years since then, this forum has had an additional 21,500 posts. That is outstanding growth, no wonder JBB has had to change servers so many times.

Anyways, just thought I'd bring this up as food for thought since I've been amazed at the recent growth of this site. I expect the site to set a new "active user" high either today or tomorrow. My bold prediction is that for the 2007 draft, there will be over 1,000 active users. JBB is really taking off.

12. Custodianrules2

That was an awesome thread idea you came up with, wtwalker! Draft contests are pretty cool.

13. wtwalker77

Thanks, even though this is a down year for the draft, I can't help but be a draftnik.

14. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting wtwalker77:</div><div class="quote_post">Thanks, even though this is a down year for the draft, I can't help but be a draftnik.</div>

Well, I'm sure you love the challenge that anything could happen. In this year's case, I think "anything" will definitely happen. Lots of draft experts on TV don't think there's much difference between a lot of these picks. There's no guy that is without question marks with GM's feeling the heat to make a splash rather than a cosmetic improvement on paper or just a marginal increase in talent. Even the safest guys like Roy, Shelden Williams, Morrison, Aldridge have some pretty noticeable weaknesses.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I think Andrea Bargnani was a ploy. I mean I haven't seen this guy in person, but this guy looks like a Tskitishvilli clone all the way from video. Granted, he's played more than guys like Darko or Tskita at a professional level, I just don't think the Raptors or going to waste a pick on this guy and neither will the other few who need something to show to keep the faith alive. Just like Kwame Brown could have damaged Amare Stoudamire's draft stock in 2002, I think all those Dirk Nowitzki wannabe type busts will affect guys like Bargnani in this year's draft. I think he might fall way below if the first few teams who reportedly saw him pass on him.

I know some say if you want to play the draft, this is the best time to play risky, but there's also the philosophy of balance between risk and actually getting some player production right now or next year. And you need the balance between risky with a very high ceiling and somewhat of a high enough floor so you actually walk on it. Of course, I'll probably think different in hindsight... Drafting for the Warriors though, if we want to go risky, draft a big dude or a point guard. [​IMG] Since guard is taken care of, I'd welcome a very tall "balanced" swingman or high potential center with center being the most important piece to draft. Here's the order I would get if somebody were to fall: Thomas/Gay/POB/Brewer/Shelden

I really like Shelden Williams, but I can't imagine using him without stealing minutes from Ike or Murphy or being able to full replace Foyle or Biedrins.

15. Custodianrules2

At least this draft I think I have a better feel for it than 2002.

I was like "Dont' draft Dunleavy! Please no! No! He is going to be a Duke bust! This guy is not aggressive or strong or fast enough to play in the nba and that is 3 for 3 on weakness!"

"With the third pick overall in this year's draft... the Golden State Warriors select... Mike Dunleavy Jr. from Duke University"

"Ahhhhhhhh you #%@$^s!"

Of course I originally wanted these guys who aren't much better, plain suck, or never worked out for us to make that blind faith commitment:

Nikoloz Tskitishvilli (7 feet, all around player, athletic, Pau Gasol like, am I letting the prospect of defense slide?)

Chris Wilcox (Great upside, runs the floor almost like a guard would, could be a good defensive Kmart type of guy if he's motivated)

Nene Hilario (good F/C prospect with great hands and freak athleticism. Could be a nice defender. This was a nice pick IMO after we failed to get Yao Ming. Also wasn't a big fan of Yao Ming until I heard he had an all-around game for a young dude and was probably not going to be a 7'6 Shawn Bradley because he could do a lot of things Bradley couldn't do. I still thought Yao would kind of be a bust for a few years before being decent as let's say shorter wingspan Manute Bol, but it's worth the risk because nobody teaches size and that coordination)

Amare Stoudamire (was projected to be the next Kwame Brown, but heck we don't have a player who is a freak athlete and a powerful man child. We had Jamison the tweener, Murphy the tweener, and Erick Dampier who is just okay. I felt Amare Stoudamire could at least eat up space, run the floor, and defend)

Caron Butler (not sure we needed another power guard, but a nice pick if we want a nice defender/scorer and a rim rocker. Had a bad reputation as a kid and doesn't shoot that well)

Never saw Kristic, Boozer, Prince, being better impact players. At least I didn't get sucked into the Juco Baller hype as much as some. Although Qyntel Woods looked mighty intriguing if it wasn't for his bad character.

So I guess in this year's draft I probably will be seeing some surprises. I have to say my stance towards drafting good defensive players hasn't changed, except for the event if Morrison should ever fall. I like Morrison a lot. The guy is emotional in a good way, he's a star player, he doesn't back down from more athletic defenders trying to get in his head, he's a primetime shooter from anywhere, not the kind of hyped up shooter Dunleavy was. Also the guy doesn't look like your average basketball player at all. He's Brian Cardinal material. The big risk is you're almost forced to build around the guy because he's projected to be a poor defender and teams expect him to carry the offensive load. Nobody wants to draft jump shooting role players that high. They want stars. If Morrison's shot is one of the best in the NBA, I think his heart and killer instinct will make him the first Larry Bird like star in the NBA. That's a marketing guy's wet dream just like Yao and Dirk were in the international scene.