'90% Chance' Fernandez Will Play In Portland Next Season

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by pegs, Apr 7, 2008.

1. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><blockquote>The player from DKV Joventut has admitted that there is a "90% chance" he will be playing in the best league in the world next season, specifically for the Portland Trail Blazers, along side Sergio Rodriguez. Spanish manager Pepu Hernandez has offered his support, adding, "Whatever decision he makes, he makes. I think things will turn out well for him."</blockquote> <blockquote>Rudy has admitted that he wants to achieve "the dream" of playing in the United States, even though he made it clear that his priorities lie with Joventut and their effort to win the league title. ... Rudy also said that he speaks often with Sergio Rodriguez, the Spanish point guard who plays in Portland, who keeps him up to date on the team and the quality of life in the city. In any case, Rudy is asking for "a lot of minutes" to make up for the economic losses that he will supposedly suffer in his first years in the NBA.

</blockquote></div>

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2008/04...ortland_is.html

I'm excited. I hope he comes over and gets playing time, I want to see what he can do.

It'd be especially cool if he got to play with Sergio. They both have been great players in Spain.
    <a href="java script:rgmow('/rgmow.php?aid=51827','51827')"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"></span>

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Rudy is asking for "a lot of minutes" to make up for the economic losses that he will supposedly suffer in his first years in the NBA.</div>
    They can't guarantee that, especially with how much young talent they have. I realize the NBA doesn't really do a great job in respect to players transitioning from Europe, but on the other hand, some of these European players need to recognize that coming over to the NBA is an investment. They're going to have to deal with changing from a star in Europe to starting off as a role player in North America (with the decreased money, playing time, significance, etc.). Its a temporary burden though, because if they're as good as they think they are, they will eventually eclipse whatever they could've gotten in the Euroleagues.