A brilliant trade scenario.

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Casual, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

By yours truly, of course.

Darko Milicic for Vladimir Radmanovic and Ronald Murray/Reggie Evans/Rick Brunson

Despite the hating, Darko does have mad skillz. He could slide over to backup power forward in our lineup.

2. Sergio

Sergio JBB JustBBall Member

how can you say darko has mad skills? where have you seen him play?

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

So yeah, why do Detroit do that? If I'm the Pistons, I don't touch a thing, especially for two players who could potentially muck up chemistry.

4. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

It would be brilliant, if we could just convince DET and our QO players to do it.

I don't think Vlad would approve that trade - he knows he'd be going to a team that might play him even less minutes then he's getting here and will only be able to offer MLE come summertime.

Reg and Flip might approve it, but they obviously wouldn't be enough to entice the pistons.

5. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Imagine Vlad trying to play lockdown D in the Pistons system. Maybe he wouldn't have to with the other 4 guys helping out.

6. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

You think replacing Darko with Radman is going to mess with chemistry when Larry Brown leaving didn't? Yeah, right.

The only reason Detroit would do it is to get more help off the bench. The starters are playing too many minutes. I agree that it's not that great from their perspective, but it can't hurt to try.

7. Roland Hood

Some rumor on ESPN had 'a trade that would work for both teams'

Chicago gets:

Ray Allen
    Nick Collison
    Danny Fortson

Seattle gets:

Ben Gordon
    Tim Thomas
    Eric Piatkowski
    #1 pick

Although I love Ben Gordon but even if you like Ben for Ray straight up you give up Collison for 2 expiring contracts and a pick. No thanks. Of course the source is Chicago Tribune.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

You can't really play Gordon and Ridnour in the same backcourt for long stretches either.

9. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

Here is my brilliant trade scenario:

Phoenix gets:

Ray Allen
    Nick Collison
    Ron Murray

Seattle gets:

Raja Bell
    Leandro Barbosa
    James Jones
    And a second round pick

This trade helps Phoenix substantially by giving them possibly the best back court in the league. With the addition of Stoudamire you could potentially have five guys on the court who are capable of getting you over 20 points a game. Nick gives them great depth at the four and Flip can play some back up guard minutes--if he can regain his swagger.

Seattle gets the back up point guard they are looking for in Barbosa, who is also versatile enough to play the two. They get some great perimeter defenders in Bell and Jones who are also very capable of scoring on the perimeter. Plus it gets you an opportunity to play Petro and Swift together as we "rebuild."

The salaries will be close and we will be done Ray's big deal. Bell and Jones are young enough that they could be used as trade bait to acquire a big. One big that could get could be Nene and he could fill the void left by Nick Collison leaving. Plus it may give Fortson a chance to work his way back into the rotation.

Seems like a win/win for everyone not named Nick Collison. I love Nick Collison too and I honestly think that we'd have five more wins if he would have played in front of both Evans and Radman.

10. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

So you're trading our marquee player and a great forward prospect for three role players, and you can't even include a first round pick? The Suns would have to give us Diaw and two first rounders to make that even remotely worthwhile.

We need to change the shape of this team sure, but trading away a guy who scores 24 a night for swing men roleplayers isn't going to work. It puts even more pressure on Rashard too, as he'll not only be the first option, because he'll have no one consistently good enough to be a reliable second option.

11. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Phoenix gets:

Ray Allen
    Nick Collison
    Ron Murray

Seattle gets:

Raja Bell
    Leandro Barbosa
    James Jones
    And a second round pick</div>

Yikes, think I'm with Des on this one.

If we dump Ray, we better be getting a some combo of young talent, high picks, and expiring contracts. Give us the ability to truly start over, because thats what we'd be doing. Throwing Nick into the mix just ups the ante by a huge margin.

Besides, I'd be careful of dealing for any PHO players at this point that would be available. Nash is doing to that team what Kidd did to NJ a while back - making all the role players appear better than they are. I really like Barbosa and Diaw though...

12. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">Here is my brilliant trade scenario:

Phoenix gets:

Ray Allen
    Nick Collison
    Ron Murray

Seattle gets:

Raja Bell
    Leandro Barbosa
    James Jones
    And a second round pick</div>

Ray makes a good $5-6M per year more than Bell, Barbosa and Jones combined.

To make it work money wise, Phoenix would need to throw in a fourth player who makes about $8M.
    The only player they've got on that kind of money is Kurt Thomas.

13. tradebark

tradebark JBB JustBBall Member

guh ;[ no thanks shiek

14. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

I was dead tired when I made that last post.

What I really meant to say was trade Ray Allen straight up for Mike D'Antoni.

On a serious note, that trade scenario stinks. I just don't think that we are going to be able to get equal compensation for Ray so it makes "cents" if we were going to trade him to get some interchangeable parts that would compliment Shard. We would not get an All-Star big or guard for Ray at this point in his career so I'd rather take my chances on some versatile wing players and look to try to get a big in the free agent market--even though we've been the worst team in bringing in quality non rookie free agents in the league for years.

I'm just reaching with that Phoenix trade. I just want to get rid of Allen.

15. Roland Hood

I would do the Ben Gordon for Ray Allen trade straight up, although the salaries don't match. Or Ray for Larry Hughes.

16. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

The ray allen trade will not work, now way anyone wants to make the Suns any stronger, adding Allen gives them another sharpshooter. Nash, Marion, Allen, Diaw and Amare. That's automatic championship.

17. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Too bad New York doesn't have any first rounders left, I'm sure we could've pilfered a few.

18. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Now the Pistons are about to trade Darko for a first rounder and Kelvin Cato. We could've had him!!!!

19. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">Now the Pistons are about to trade Darko for a first rounder and Kelvin Cato. We could've had him!!!!</div>

I'd be shocked if Detroit did that, but if it is legit, what else are Detroit going o throw in given Cato is making $7M this year.

20. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Carlos Arroyo.