A different tune in Utah

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Forgive Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan if he's a little sick of the media "predicting" how many wins the Utah Jazz are going to get this year.
    We're never right, and Sloan is the first person to politely point that out.
    For years, writers prematurely were predicting the demise of John Stockton and Karl Malone. When Stockton finally retired and Malone left for the Lakers last season, we predicted more than demise ? we predicted the apocalypse.
    Some writers went so far as to claim that the Jazz would be the worst team in the history of the NBA.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Last year everyone said we wouldn't win a game; this year you think we'll win them all," Sloan said. "I'm glad you guys know who we'll be, because I don't. I don't know who we'll be. I think we'll have to get a little bit into the season before we really figure out who are we and what we have and (if) we can compete." </div>

Link

Jerry Sloan gives some of the best interviews, I remember when AK47 was in the midst of his best season last season, Sloan said he "needed to learn how to play".