A HUGE Burns defeats Mitchell

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Sep 23, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

I swear, WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns (35-2, 10 KO’s) looked like a small junior middleweight against a pumped up super featherweight Kevin Mitchell (33-2, 24 KO’s) in winning a 4th round TKO on Saturday night in front of a sold out crowd of 9000 fans at the Scottish Exhibition Centre in Glasgow, Scotland.

I’m not surprised that Mitchell got beat, because Burns looked way heavier than the 135 pound lightweight limit tonight. Just looking at the two of them in the ring, it was like watching guys more two divisions apart. I’d be interested to know how heavy Burns came into the fight because he looked like a freaking junior middleweight. I think he won on size rather than power or skills. Burns did a better job of rehydrating up to whatever weight he ended up. Mitchell should probably move back down to super featherweight because he doesn’t have the size to compete against guys like Burns and Adrien Broner. They’re too big for him.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/09/a-huge-burns-defeats-mitchell/#more-130497