A New Rasheed?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Anzix, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Anzix

Anzix JBB JustBBall Member

I've been watching Rasheed since he has came back from his ankle injury and he seems to be playing really hard am I the only one to notice this?

I really hope he stays on the blazers as he has always offered allot to the team. Sure his attitude may shine through his talent and the stuff he does for needy kids. Me and My mom recently got to see him and talk to him at thanks giving. I rember my mom telling him " Now don?t get in any trouble this year Wallace I don?t want to see you go!" and he replied "Hahaha, Yes ma'am I will try to do my best."

2. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Anzix:</div><div class="quote_post">I've been watching Rasheed since he has came back from his ankle injury and he seems to be playing really hard am I the only one to notice this?

I really hope he stays on the blazers as he has always offered allot to the team. Sure his attitude may shine through his talent and the stuff he does for needy kids. Me and My mom recently got to see him and talk to him at thanks giving. I rember my mom telling him " Now don?t get in any trouble this year Wallace I don?t want to see you go!" and he replied "Hahaha, Yes ma'am I will try to do my best."</div>

Hey Anzix, great to have another Blazer fan on JBB! Stick around and post in the Blazer forum frequently.

The way I see it, Sheed does have anymore negative companionship. Mouse has done an excellent job of turning his life around, and Bonzi is gone. Sheed no longer has people around him to do bad things with, so he is focusing more on the game.

I envy you for getting to meet him [​IMG] .

3. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Wow this is very surprising, people keep changing my opinions of people. I guess Sheed isn't so bad afterall, just overwhelmed by pressure, fame and competition. This is a very lighthearted piece of news, thanks for sharing, nice to have some good news for a change. Keep it up Sheed. Good riddance Bonzi.

4. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">Good riddance Bonzi.</div>

I agreed with everything you said until the above statement. Regardless of how much trouble Bonzi caused, it was silly to give him away. Wesley Person is not good enough to be a started, and DA is not 100%. The timing of that trade could not have been any worse.

Just imagine if we had kept Bonzi. We would have had a very good starting 5. DA could have come off the bench as shooting guard (once he was healthy), and Mcinnis could have come off the bench as pg. Instead we had to play with two point guards starting and when Sheed was injured we had to use Qyntel Woods in his place [​IMG] .

No wonder we are struggling so much. We should have kept Bonzi.

5. Anzix

Sup Trail_Blazer76, Yah I'm a huge blazer fan since I live in portland :-). Me and My friends always sport Blazer stuff to school after every game accept for games on weekends since we have no school :-).

Anyways Im glad to be here and I hope to be here for along time.

Bonzi was a good player but I really like Persons. I love how he can just come out on any night and bust a 3 to help the blazers. Bonzi sometimes struggled when he was needed. Persons knows his job and is actively doing it. I was iffy at first when I heard blazers traded bonzi but after seeing what persons brings to the table I think it was a good trade.

You cannot blame the blazers struggling because of trading bonzi.. I thinks its really more of a metal aspect. The blazers usually always make it to the 4th with a lead or get really close and then they start shooting poorly or make allots of mistakes.

I think the reason they do this is because they get to confident and think they have the game in the bag and when the opponent starts to realize this they make a run and the blazers start to panic and makes plans that do not benefit the team or do shots that do not benefit.

The blazers have always been full of talent ever since the beginning. Even the bad boys of the team were full of talent... remember JR Rider :-). I Think with darius miles we will now have someone to give us more energy in the 4th and perhaps bring the blazers back and having DA back is definetyly helping the blazers and when he gets back to 100% you will see a more engerized team.

Rasheed should stay... He may stay bad stuff but like he has said he is a very nice guy but... He has a bad temper and seems to blurt out things that he really does not mean.. or that he means but was simply said in the wrong context. He has always offered the team energy when we need it. I've always said when the blazers trade Wallace they will lose allot of energy and that part of me wouldn?t like them that much for making a trade like that. I think Rasheed is starting to realize that he is important to the team wither the fans know it or the management. He has stated half the fans love me and half the fans hate me. I'm the fan that loves everything he brings.

I mean do you honestly think the blazers would of won the game against the kings if it wasn?t for Rasheed? He made some of the most important shots of that game and when he fouled out DA stepped up. If they were to trade Wallace. DA would have to step up and probably could not take on all of the responsibility. Rasheed has also helped speed up Z-bo's learning of the game. When Rasheed is not playing Z-bo always seems to be doubled teamed because other teams do not really see anyone else on the court as a threat besides Wallace. I also think Wallace will help the growth of Darius Miles when he starts to play with him in practice.

Damn that was almost a essay :-) pretty good for my second post!

6. Trail_Blazer76

WOW! You are a true fan!! I always were throwbacks and bright red Blazers stuff, people just stare...lol.

I'm soooo excited to have you here. I'll respond to the rest of your post tommorow. Peace.

Edit: Here my response.

I strongly disagree with what you said about the Bonzi trade. Yes, Person knows his role on the team, but it is not nearly as significant as Bonzi's was. We traded a starter for a role player.

I hope that Sheed stays too, he is extremely valuable to our team, so much so that it outweighs his controversy. If he doesn't stay, I'll being a bandwagoner of whatever team he joins.

7. Anzix

Yah I always said I would hate the blazers if they traded Rasheed... Rasheed brings so much to the table that it is not worth trading him. Maybe they should realize if teams like the mavericks want him then he must be really good. I'm sure allot of teams are looking into possible trades for Rasheed. Most teams will choose talent over controversy any day of the week.

I think Paul Allen is starting to realize that Rasheed is the "Heart" of the current Blazer Team. If you were to remove him then allot of the team will be disorganized. Even thou Rasheed doesn?t consider himself a "Leader". Everyone knows he is! A Team leader exhibits non-selfishness and that is exactly what he does. You have to like a player like Rasheed who would rather see his teammates score more points then him. Sure sometimes he needs to step up and take charge but I think he is very smart for trying to get his other team members involved.

The community of Portland needs to realize he brings so much to the team that it would be a tragedy to lose him.

I've talked to a couple class mates about this at my school. I asked them: "Why do you want Rasheed gone?" there reply was: "His attitude".... I said "WOW! Your rather have a guy with a good attitude instead of an all-star caliber player that try?s to help his teammates. Rasheed Wallace is misunderstood. IF you lived life in the public eye 24/7 don?t you think you would mess up?" and he was speechless... People just don?t think about what they are saying nowadays.