A new trade has come around...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rod, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian...21137167640.xml

so what do you think?wally(and maybe Michel o.) for Reef?

Bad trade in my opinion,wally has a messed up beck and the Candy man will attend 40 games max...,their Contracts suck!!! and the shooping trip at the end of the season is pretty much over...
    Not to mention this will close the door for D.miles resigning

But there is so many bad things in this trade for Nash to say yes [​IMG]

2. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

But if you trade away Reef for Those 2, then you make your team very deep. Reef is a backup to Randolph right now. He isn't getting many minutes. Grab Wally and Kandi in this trade and your team is very deep at the SF and center spots.

Honestly, I think it's an even worse trade for us because if we lose Wally and we lose Hassell to you guys, we have virtually nobody at the SF spot except Ebi who is too young and unexperienced.

3. GreyhoundGuy

GreyhoundGuy JBB JustBBall Member

The wolves have matched Hassell's contract --- What will the Blazers do now?

www.Timberwolves.com

4. PippenIsMVP4evr

PippenIsMVP4evr JBB JustBBall Member

its a good trade...but i dnt like it i think they can get better....in my mind i think they should work out a trade w/jersey that would send reef and maybe sum1 like ruben patterson for aaron williams and richard jefferson :thumbsup:

5. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

Getting RJ would be impossible. Esspecially with someone like Reef to offer.

I like the trade. Wally would be the perimeter threat the Blazers need, and granted Kandi has injury problems, he would be a backup at best. Something has to be done though. Reef doesn't wan't to play for the Blazers, and he won't get much playing time anyway.

This could be one of the better trades to get. Esspecially losing Hassel back to Minnesota.

6. T Streets

T Streets JBB JustBBall Member

Good trade in my eyez

7. PippenIsMVP4evr

PippenIsMVP4evr JBB JustBBall Member

yea...actullay...i realized they need a shooter for real that will actullay play....but what will happen to miles??

8. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PippenIsMVP4evr:</div><div class="quote_post">yea...actullay...i realized they need a shooter for real that will actullay play....but what will happen to miles??</div>

I dont think Nash will give him a billion dollars like his agent wants to...

Anyway,you guys are missing the big issue here, Wally's Contract Sux,his beck is smashed up and the candy man is injured all the time.
    Don't you think it will be better to just wait for SAR contract to expire?

I think the Wolves are trying to fool us...

9. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

OK,so now im seein the trade can be for Stepania,DA and a Re-signed Miles....

What whould you prefer?

personally i think this dosent solve anything,SAR agent is still pissed,Wally and DA are about the same physiclly...

10. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

now Boston is real intrested in Reef...

11. shankyoass

shankyoass Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

blazers dont need more guards. they have DA, Damon, NVE, Q Woods, Telfair. If they do throw Wally in the 3, then i guess he'll backup D.Miles. i doubt he will get much playing time tho since the blazers r trying out the Q Woods project. i can see Woods playing sum 3 to backup miles. i dont think wally is needed, even if he is a good shooter. plus, hes injury prone and he doesnt play good defense

12. stalefish_27

stalefish_27 JBB JustBBall Member

Portland trades: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (16.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.6 minutes)
    Portland receives: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.3 minutes)
    SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +1.6 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and +2.3 apg.

Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.3 minutes)
    SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
    Dallas receives: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (16.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 85 games)
    Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and -2.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Portland and Dallas being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Portland and Dallas had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.