A revolutionary game plan

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Blazer4ever, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    Everyone setting picks all the time, constant motion, we use our depth to allow lower mpg and higher energy, we'd be literally running circles around them.
    Thoughts?

Nate, Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

My thought is to expand on those ideas.

This wouldn't work as a presentation:

HEY GUYS! Thanks for paying HUNDREDS of dollars to come to this seminar! Here's our plan. Buy, sell! THANKS FOR COMING!

BonesJones likes this.
  3. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Isn't that what the warriors do? or did

4. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

I have a couple

1. Stars win in the NBA
    2. We aren't playing against the Washington Generals

Blazers Roy and BBert like this.
  5. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

It's been tried before. It is much more effective in College (i.e Nolan Richardson's 40 minutes of Hell)
    But I agree we could use a toned down version.......until there are injuries and our depth is depleted...... then we would need to shift gears in a hurry.

6. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

will this increase our ability to make swish3s?

7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Stotts will probably play a 9 -10 man rotation. Unfortunately he has a habit of leaving guys on the floor too long, or likewise on the bench to long...it has cost the Blazers several W's. This young team works best in a fluid offense that can run the floor, and stay in motion. The greatest weakness of these young Blazers is losing that fluidity and getting trapped mid play. I think in those circumstances a good combination lock offense can get them out of trouble...but again to stay out of trouble, they need to stay in motion, and a lower mpg's, higher energy team on the floor is a good control for that...in the end it comes down basketball IQ, and these guys seem to have one hell of a learning curve.

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Just watch the WNBA...they've been doing that forever

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  9. Nate

Nate #itsokaytobewhite #wakandaforever BANNED

I know there's been a lot of talk on this subject already, I couldn't remember which thread but this one seems appropriate. Anyways... What do you guys think the lineup is gonna look like? I think it will be something like this.

Dame/Cj/Turner
    Cj/Turner/Crabbe
    Crabbe/Turner/Mo
    Aminu/Davis/Mo
    Ezeli/Plumlee/Leonard

That's a strong 10 man rotation, everyone should stay healthy throughout the regular season (especially dames plantar fasciitis). And in the playoffs it could be reduced to 8 or 9 if need be, based on match ups/extended minutes for better players.

10. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

I know the report that Turner was guaranteed a start was refuted but I think it is more likely than not that he starts at SF. If not then I want Moe to over Crabbe. I still want Crabbe to get decent minutes but mostly at SG.

Ultimately one of Crabbe or Moe has to go though I think. Not looking forward to it but it is what it is.

11. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Make more swish3s turner posts up, kicks it to dame or cj or crabbe or aminu or leonard for swish3s if defense plays 3 point line davis or plumlee or aminu or harkless for the oop

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm excited to see the pick and roll and alley oop back for a change...Turner is going to give us what Batum used to in the pick and Rolo

Eastoff likes this.
  13. chzbrgr

chzbrgr Well-Known Member

The thing about Stotts tho is, he isn't going to make wholesale changes to the way he likes to run his offense. He will tweak stuff based on a players strengths but our offense wasn't broken last year so why change? Our one weakness was a lack of a third ballhandler/playmaker which got addressed (Evan turner). Maybe we get out on the break a little more but I don't see anything really changing that much still a top5 or 6 offense in the league.

I think where we can do something a little different is on the defensive end with Ezeli and Turner adding versatility, length, and depth maybe Stotts feels more comfortable asking his guys to hedge out farther/trap on ball handlers stuff that might be a little more risky.

14. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    I want us to play smaller and bigger. Ive had enough of CJ as PG or Aminu as a PF.
    I would rather see Dame as a 2G than CJ as the PG (hence, going smaller) and would rather use Leonard and Davis at PF with Ezeli and Plumlee at Center (going bigger).

Orion Bailey likes this.
  15. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Playing smaller and bigger? So who do you want for President, both Clinton and Trump?

16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I get his point. Its just situational. Some situations wll call for us to go big and some small.
    With the new additions, I dont want CJ at point either. IT wont allow for enough ball movement and other players to be involved as much.

17. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I guess one thing we know is that Terry Stotts and his coaches are going to really earn (hopefully) their pay checks this year. Besides the normal task of skill development for a team that is still very young, they are going to need to somehow develop lineups and offensive and defensive plans that will make best use of the array of talented players available. They will need to somehow provide enough minutes for everyone to make them happy but also enable them to develop game skills and game confidence and even showcase those skills on the chance they might be traded. Not to mention, trying to win games. Really almost an impossible task. I wonder if at least for the first half of the season, that maybe winning should not be the top priority. I also wonder why they didn't find an additional top notch assistant coach.

18. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

It's either... Hillarump or... Trumpry ("Trumpton" is a possibility):smiley-frown: hilarump.jpg tumpry.jpg

19. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    God I hope I can un see that.

20. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I think if we start Aminu at PF then we should start Harkless at SF. However I am not opposed to starting Davis at PF and Crabbe at SF, or Leonard at PF and Turner at SF.

I think it depends on the opponents and what we can get away with on the defensive match ups.

dviss1 likes this.