Aaron McKie

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Joins Brian Grant, Doug Christie, Cal Booth and Austin Croshere as players to be released under the Amnesty rulings.

Not sure what's going on with Flip, but to me he'd seem like a viable option for the fourth guard spot. Didn't get many chances in Philly last season with Green, Iguodala and Korver emerging, but he is a guy who can play both guard spots, can shoot it, is a real leader and a very good on the ball defender.

My only concern would be his age, as at 32 and combined with Ray and Rick Brunson, that's a fairly ageing backcourt rotation.

Worth looking into, IMO.

2. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

At this point in his career, McKie would have more of an impact on our coaching staff than on the floor.

I can't believe that he is only 32. The way he looked running up and down the floor last year I would have thought he was pushing 40.

We can come up with a much better free agent pick up than McKie. Again I would seriously consider taking strong looks at Ronald Dupree or Devin Brown.

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Brown wants to start or play significant minutes, he won't get that chance in Seattle. I think he'll end up in Utah, but would love to have him.

Dupree I would certainly consider.

4. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">At this point in his career, McKie would have more of an impact on our coaching staff than on the floor.

I can't believe that he is only 32. The way he looked running up and down the floor last year I would have thought he was pushing 40.

We can come up with a much better free agent pick up than McKie. Again I would seriously consider taking strong looks at Ronald Dupree or Devin Brown.</div>

There is nothing wrong with having a player-coach. In his limited minutes he got this season with the 76ers very often something positive happened while he's on the court. Like Sir Dez mentioned, McKie is a very good leader and according to Chris Webber "There is nothing like having a veteran like McKie in the locker room", so as far as leadership goes McKie would only help. Having him on the team would only bring good karma.

However you are right though to a certain degree. The way he looks on the court, it does looks like he should be in a suit with the other coaches. But if used properly (preferably getting spot up minutes) he's not that bad. Honestly, I would be upset if the Sixers let him go, he can still contribute and when it comes down to the wire McKie makes very good decisions and is still capable of knocking down big shots.

But as far as how he would fit on the Sonics it?s a different story. If becoming a victim of the amnesty rule the Sonics should look to him AFTER they acquire someone to the likes of Brown or Dupree. Again McKie would only be effective getting spot up minutes, if acquired by the Sonics don?t think he would be much help if he given the role of a key bench player and having to play a considerable amount of minutes every night.