Adam Silver Says NBA Expansion Is Inevitable, Seattle on Table

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by truebluefan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver told Portland Trail Blazers shooting guard CJ McCollum in an interview for The Players' Tribune (h/t NBC Sports' Dane Carbaugh) it's likely a matter of when, not if, the NBA considers a return to Seattle.

"I think it's just a question of when the right time is to seriously start thinking about expansion. Think about the state we're in the league right now, where [it is] amazing to me that, coming off of these Finals, you have some fans saying, 'There's only one good team in the league.'

"And I'm thinking, well, if people really believe that even though we have 450 of the best players in the world, and 450 players can only form one really good team, [it] probably doesn't make sense to expand in terms of dilution of talent.

"Now I don't really believe that, and I think these things correct themselves. And I don't want to put a precise timeline on it, but it's inevitable at some point we'll start looking at growth of franchises. That's always been the case in this league, and Seattle will no doubt be on a short list of cities we'll look at."

read more http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...inevitable-seattle-on-table-as-potential-site