Adams may quit

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by fatfrank, Nov 1, 2006.

1. fatfrank

fatfrank DYC 1st team Reserves

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Micky Adams has warned Coventry City supporters that they are driving him out of the job. The Sky Blues boss was jeered by the travelling fans in Saturday's 1-0 victory at Barnsley after bringing on Wayne Andrews for Leon McKenzie. The supporters chanted 'You don't know what you're doing', but Adams was vindicated when Andrews scored the decisive goal moments after coming on.

Adams was bitterly upset after the game to have his judgement questioned and remains unhappy with a section of the club's fans. He admits that, if Coventry supporters persist in barracking him, then he could be forced into quitting his post. "I am upset with the reaction of the supporters and, if I'm being honest it did get to me, I'm not going to hide that," said Adams. "If I was shouting at someone that I didn't think they knew what they were doing in their job I think most people would be upset. I think I have helped this football club take big strides over the last couple of years, but if the fans want to get rid of Micky Adams then that's the quick of way doing it. It hurts because I have taken this club forward and we are looking like a club that is going places. If they don't want me at the helm they should just keep singing songs like that because that is the quick way to get rid of managers."

However, Adams does accept he was wrong not to acknowledge the fans at the end of the win at Oakwell. He conceded: "The one mistake I made was failing to acknowledge our supporters when I left the pitch. "For that I apologise and I hold my hands up because I should have thanked everyone for making the trip up to Barnsley."</div>
    Good on him, fans, including myself can be fickle b*st*rds.

Anyone else see that fat bird on yesterdays Championship jumping about like a Hippo on speed seconds after moaning about Adams tatics. [​IMG]

2. b0o

b0o DYC Squad Backup player

Thought you were talking about Tony Adams at pompy. [​IMG]