Additional RB injury and my thoughts on WSU

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    You know it's bad when O_Live has to report, "there were enough bodies on the defensive front to practice...."

Practice is a good thing. If Agnew is in the lineup, expect WSU to bring a lot of pressure from the inside and outside. He had a lot of problems reading and blocking any kind of blitz with BYU.

I'm going with WSU by 7. OSU has really struggled with any kind of physical team. WSU's RG and RT are both SR's and average 310#. I expect them to attack the depleted OSU defense. QB Lobbestael now has 6 games under his belt and he's a stable hand at 160 rating, 65%, 1635 yards, 15 TDs and 4 INTs. Unfortunately for OSU, Jeff Tuell is back in action and completed 17/30 passes last week vs Stanford. Mannion, in 6 games, 5 TD's and 9 INTS. WSU has a stable RB in Galvin who is avg 6 ypc -- they love to attack the right side. Wilson is a beast of a WR at 6'4" and is avg 115 ypg and has 5 TD's -- that's as many TD's as all of OSU's WR's combine OR as many as Stevenson and Agnew have combine. Sobering...

WSU is avg 455 ypg and the D is allowing 382.
    OSU is avg 386 ypg and the D is allowing 402.

WSU sits at 3-3 and are coming of 2 losses. UCLA had to rally to beat WSU. WSU outgained UCLA in yards and held the lead for 3.5 quarters. WSU also performed well against Stanford and trailed by 3 at the half and held Luck to 89 passing yards in the first half. TO's and special teams mistakes killed their chances at keeping that game close.

OSU is now (recently) without two, possibly three of their best defensive players. This is team that gave up 500 yards to an avg BYU team, allowed 11/14 3rd down conv and nearly 7 ypp.

Last year a 1-9 WSU team came into Reser and destroyed OSU 31-14. Tuell had 157 passing and 79 rushing yards. WSU held OSU scoreless in the first half. They sacked the OSU QB 5 times for 45 lost yards, forced 3 TO's and held OSU to 2-10 on third down conv.

WSU has struggled due to lack of depth on the DL but two of those players returned to full practice this week. Their D held Stanford to two less points than Stanford averages and in also performed well against Colorado and UCLA -- keeping them right around avg points scores for the season. OSU only has 12 offensive TD's on the season and WSU has 26.

10:30 game at Seahawk Stadium...and unfortunately, I think it's going to be another long one for the Beavs. Expect more typical Riley play calling with no originality, little run game, 45 attempted passes, blown coverages and lots of turnovers.

"Tailback Jovan Stevenson was wearing a brace on his right knee and didn't practice. We could not track down Stevenson for comment, as he limped off the field with a trainer and didn't return."

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2011/10/oregon_state_tuesday_practice_3.html

2. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Revenge. OSU wins big.

3. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    ...you could be right!

4. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I was right!