Agnew doubtful for Wis, Frahm not healed to play vs Wis - Riley the IDIOT

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    According to Buker, Agnew is doubtful for Wis game. Seriously, just crappy news. The only bright spot with this is that I was concerned with Riley overworking him and Agnew suffering a more serious injury by being forced to go 30+ carries against a defense like Wis. Maybe, this is a blessing in disguise for his long term health as the Beavs enter Pac play...

Agnew stated he's def concerned it's something that is going to linger. Riley is an idiot for making him go for 33 rushes, and here's why.... Agnew had leg issues in HS. Not one, but both. He's been injury prone and lost a fair amount of HS time due to leg injuries. Riley knows this....so what does he do? He runs a true FR 33 times, instead of pacing and introducing him. Yes, I know the injury occurred in practice, but anyone who played football knows the body needs time to recoup if it was over-exerted and Agnew was over worked and not given enough time to recoup.

Did I not call this?
    How did I know?
    It's classic Riley.

Frahm is set to return against Wis. Anyone concerned he's being rushed and isn't ready yet? It's been two weeks since his knee surgery and reports are that he'll be making his return this Sat.

On the 6th, Hunt reported, "Frahm said he’s been feeling like an old man lately, his knee a little stiff in the morning." Great. Obviously he isn't recouped, so Riley is ready to sent him against one of the most aggressive OL's in the nation. Frahm's career AND his health are on the line.

Riley simply stated: “I think he’ll give us some fire in there and also some real good play, and we’ll need it, the way they run the football and the way they block and the size of their people,’’ Riley said. “We need Kevin to win this game.’

WE NEED KEVIN TO WIN THIS GAME... The kid is stiff - that's the body saying, 'Hey, I'm not ready' but idiot Riley puts the "we need Kevin to win this game". No matter what, right Riley? You moron...

Honestly, I think Riley is the dumbest coach in football. Hasn't he learned anything by his decimated roster, YET!?

Normally, I sincerely try to find some positives, give some credit, and shy away from the name calling - but, I care about these kids and it's becoming very obvious (if you follow Beav football and all the injuries they have) that Riley is putting these kids at risk. They had so many more injuries and undiagnosed injuries than other Pac schools that they recently fired the head trainer. Well, it's looking more and more like the scapegoat didn't do the trick.

This seasons on you, Riley...and so far, the injuries are the worst I've seen.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Yes, Agnew was probably over-worked. He did have hammy problems in HS and this looks like a recurrence of those issues. However, I'm not too worried since I think Ward is as good as Agnew. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt too. We'll see. As for Frahm I think you're over-reacting. He had his meniscus trimmed. I'm sure it's sore, but it's not something that is now susceptible to a more serious injury.

3. Targus

Targus Suspended

Hope you're right, T. These are too good of kids to not be properly rotated and rested. Check my post over on the Ducks side.
    I'm done with this sportstwo juvenile crap. You can find me over on scout. Later and good luck. Hope the Beavs stay healthy and win at least 3.
    Ducks to the Rose Bowl!

4. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

I honestly think this is the dumbest comment I've seen on any message board. You've lost all credibility.

5. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

Agreed. OSU should give a scholarship to a talented running back, have him earn the starting spot, and then NOT give him carries. Targus, how are you NOT an elite college football coach?

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  6. Targus

Targus Suspended

I predicted Agnew to get hurt at Wis. Riley came through and it happen a week early. He was asked to do too much, too early.

Riley stated that Frahm is needed to win, basically, placing the entire game - W or L - on one kids shoulders. Frahm is a competitor. It's not Riley's job to put this kind of pressure on an injured player - it's his job to protect him and be 100% sure he's ready to go. Instead, he places the entire game on a kid who is two weeks post surgery. THAT, IMHO, are very stupid words from a coach.

If I recall, Agnew was a two star recruit with one other Div1 offer. He's 175 on a good day and has a history of leg injuries - both legs. You say he earned playing time, I say he was elected by the injury committee. We're both correct. Either way, 30+ carries and the weight of starter is too much for him.

The proof is his injury, one week into the season... It wouldn't surprise me if Riley gave him 40 carries vs Wis (if he plays). There's a reason you won't find many Div1 teams asking this load of any starter, let alone a true FR. My fear is Agnew's bright career will be over before it begins with Riley as puppet-master.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011