Ah finally

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Opal, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Opal

Opal Active Member

The Nuggets finally won tonight beating the Bucks by 12 tonight. We needed this to snap our 5 game slid and JR's suspension is up!

2. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Well, I wouldn't be so happy.You guys faced a Bucks team that doesn't have there stars and where at HOME. Maybe this win will get Nuggets going, but I think they should of blew this club out.

3. Opal

Opal Active Member

Still, do we have our full lineup? We are missing 2 key players, including a star. A win is a win for us right now.

4. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Very True.That is what I been saying in thread about Manu/A.I.I just can't wait to see A.I and Melo play together. I sure hope it works out great for Denver and all.Your right, a win is a win. But beating a beat down Bucks team at home by ONLY 12 points. Is not something to be "Very Happy" About.I think a 20 point win would of been better. [​IMG]

5. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Jan 9 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Very True.That is what I been saying in thread about Manu/A.I.I just can't wait to see A.I and Melo play together. I sure hope it works out great for Denver and all.Your right, a win is a win. But beating a beat down Bucks team at home by ONLY 12 points. Is not something to be "Very Happy" About.I think a 20 point win would of been better. [​IMG]</div>It would have been better sure, but we had loss 5 in a row. We needed this however we could get it.If we had our full lineup this would be a 25 point win easily.

6. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

25?Na, I see u guys winning by 30 if u had all your starters.

7. Grass

Grass BBW Member

im sure 100% melo stats will go down he wont average more than 25 anymore and AI will stay betwen 28-31 and denver wont do better than last season trust me all of nba stars and superstars shoting more than 45% but iverson the only one shoting 41% stop dreaming dude

8. M*gic

M*gic BBW Member

Nice to see us finally getting a win... we need any win we can scramble during Melo suspension... and finally J.R. has fully served his! [​IMG]

9. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grass @ Jan 9 2007, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>im sure 100% melo stats will go down he wont average more than 25 anymore and AI will stay betwen 28-31 and denver wont do better than last season trust me all of nba stars and superstars shoting more than 45% but iverson the only one shoting 41% stop dreaming dude</div>It's funny, really, for you to say you're "100% sure" that Carmelo's average will go down, and that AI's will stay up, and the fact that you somehow know that Denver won't do better than last year and that you're hating on AI because of his shooting percentage or what not.First of all, Iverson has never played with a team as good as this Denver team (when healthy), so how can you say you know he'll continue to be a ballhog? Look at how he plays in ASG's... he's a passer first, scorer second. Players have different roles with different teams under different circumstances. In Philadelphia Iverson was the go-to guy, first option and was called upon to put up 30 points a night. If he didn't, the Sixers had absolutely no chance to win. In Denver his role is to be a playmaker and put up 20-25 points a night, and carry the team when Anthony is having a bad night or when he's in there with the second unit (we all know Iverson will be play his customary 40+ minutes a night). This team will be scary with a trio of Iverson, Melo and Smith... no doubt about it. Will they win a title? Not this year... still a piece or two away for contending for one in my opinion.Now, sure all superstars shoot over 45% or whatever the hell you said, but take into consideration nobody plays more minutes than him, and all those other guys are well over 6-feet tall whereas Iverson is 5'10" or 5'11", has no offense around him (at least in Philly and right now in Denver... but Smith is back next game so that will change). Oh yeah, and where were all the haters when Iverson was putting up 33 points a night on 45% shooting with 7.5 assists a night las year? Seriously... people who think he's a ballhog need to watch him play and actually should understand roles and the game of basketball. The guy puts up 7+ assists a night, and he's still a ballhog? Wow... I bet you if he led the league in assists people would still call him a ballhog. Stop drinking the haterade.

10. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grass @ Jan 9 2007, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>im sure 100% melo stats will go down he wont average more than 25 anymore and AI will stay betwen 28-31 and denver wont do better than last season trust me all of nba stars and superstars shoting more than 45% but iverson the only one shoting 41% stop dreaming dude</div>Pretty sure AI's numbers will be somthing like 22-25ppg, 9apg and melo's will stay the same as they were before the trade.Id really like to bet on that cause im really sure im right on this. :dribble:

11. M*gic

M*gic BBW Member

^ Agreed, BigMo763. AI plays to win, you can see it from the way he played in his first game as a Nugget, he didn't care about the cameras, the people following him, the national news, he just went into the game hooping to get the Nuggets a W (which he didn't but that's not the point). And you can see it from how much more willing he passes the ball to Boykins as opposed to, say to Steven Hunter, because he knows that Earl will get a bucket. Now... when Melo returns? J.R.? Those guys can seriously fill the basket... picture AI dishing those assists in an All-Star game. I think you will see a mini All-Star game every time you watch the Nuggets play. :winkglasses:Now that we are getting J.R. back, it doesn't hurt to reflect back and see that's actually a silverlining to the suspension. Younger guys like Kleiza, Diawara and even Hodge are asked to do what they hadn't been before. They're given the load and pressure to deliver... and that developed them. Kleiza has become much more aggressive on offense... I think in 2-3 years he could become a Vladimir Radmanovic who plays hard and D. Diawara is getting burn so it's good and I've been mostly intrigued with Hodge's talent. He can pass and... surprisingly very solid D. If he can keep it (D) up, Karl could very well include him in the team's constant rotation.

12. Grass

Grass BBW Member

lol playing to win sure denver record 1-5 with AI no matter melo or JR who had 3 good games I see hes asuperstar in your eyes now lol still denver lost to 76ers lol dude trust me AI playing for stats its not all about shoting percentage he had alot of turnovers average 4.4 turnovers per game thats cool I remember he had 14 in 2 games once but how in the hell melo stats will stay the same and iverson shot like 25 sotis per day hit 10 or 9 of them I mean hoging the ball your crazy as I saied webber wnated 76ers to trade AI now melo will do the same.

13. M*gic

M*gic BBW Member

^Denver's style of play will allow both guys to get their shots anytime they want. Fyi, George Karl uses a 16-second clock (instead of 24) in practice to urge his team to push the ball every chance they get. They lead the NBA in PPG, in possessions per game at 98+ if I'm not mistaken. Lastly, the losing experience will only make AI appreciate what he's got when Melo and J.R. return. He's been the scoring leader, carried <u>his team</u> to the NBA Finals, All-Star MVPs, he's been there done that... now it's time for him to push the individual accolades aside and get some Ws. When you put it that simple, sharing the ball wouldn't be an issue. You as a Spurs fan should know it.

14. Grass

Grass BBW Member

yur right im spurs fan so and I dont hate AI truth is truth hes not even good scorer shoting 9 of 23 per day eric snow can get them look at steve nash 18 PPG but shoting 50% in both FG and 3 point thats sick look at Lebron average 26 but shoting 45.5% and also less turnovers than AI dude I dont think Melo will average the same he will average max 21 PPG u will see and JR wont do that good you know why beacuse he wont get the ball unless alyops or fast breaks

15. funk99

funk99 BBW Member

Iverson truley does jack up way too many shots and has a poor shot selection but he does make the one he counts. once Melo get sback in I wouldnt be suprised if they fought for the ball.

16. M*gic

M*gic BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grass @ Jan 10 2007, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yur right im spurs fan so and I dont hate AI truth is truth hes not even good scorer shoting 9 of 23 per day eric snow can get them look at steve nash 18 PPG but shoting 50% in both FG and 3 point thats sick look at Lebron average 26 but shoting 45.5% and also less turnovers than AI dude I dont think Melo will average the same he will average max 21 PPG u will see and JR wont do that good you know why beacuse he wont get the ball unless alyops or fast breaks</div>Did you forget the athleticism, the ability to get the shot off on taller defenders, the durability, the SKILL? lolI guess every guard in America can put up the numbers AI put up in the same attempt. I guess you too can suit up for an NBA team, jacks up 20-25 shots a game and puts AI numbers right lolol"Not even good scorer" doesn't put up 30+ in a season, let alone 5-6 straight.

17. Grass

Grass BBW Member

na its amistake by me hes agood scorer can creat his own shots but still miss 60% of them and I told u befor 30 PPG and shoting 41% that sucks and 4 turnovers also

18. M*gic

M*gic BBW Member

^It's ok, we have to push the ball anyway... I'll take AI's 40% and 30 ppg than a Mickey Mouse's 75% shooting and 5ppg.Oh, Spurs-Nuggets on this Wednesday btw... I'll be watching that one [​IMG] It'll be AI's first game with J.R. Smith (our second leading scorer)... you will get a pretty good idea how he will share it with Melo when he shows how well he works with J.R.

19. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

It has gotten to the point where I can't even understand what Grass is saying... and I honestly don't care. And to say that AI doesn't play to win just because Denver is under .500 since the trade is flat out ridiculous... Look at how depleted that line-up was... the only starter in there with Iverson was Camby, and that also was only for two or three games. I guess he doesn't play to win, right? [​IMG] On the other hand I guess Manu plays to win because his team wins games, right? Oh wait... I forgot he has a HOF power forward, a all-defensive team small forward, a top 10 point guard, and a deep bench... I guess he's the best player in the NBA right now! :rolleyes:Also I really see AI's numbers going up (FG% and APG) with Melo's return. Both Iverson and Melo will attract double teams, which will open things up for the other players around them. With more open looks Iverson's FG% will go up, and since he won't have to jack up ridiculous shots like he did in Philadelphia (due to the lack of offensive aggressiveness of his teammates). Of course there will still be nights where he shoots 9-21 or whatever, because that's just the way he is... he's fearless. All great scorers are... all it takes is one shot for them to go on a hot streak.

20. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

I can't wait to see JR Smith back on the court, I can only hope he picks up exactly where he left off.Iverson needs a 2nd scorer extremely bad at the moment, I'm disappointed in the other guys for not stepping it up (Dermarr Johnson, Linas Kleiza, ect) Once Carmelo gets back I think it will take 5-6 games for us to get fully adjusted, once that happens I don't see many teams being able to beat us.