AJ McCarron confident about draft

Discussion in 'Alabama Crimson Tide' started by truebluefan, Mar 17, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

AJ McCarron isn't selling himself short.

When asked Wednesday whether he considered himself the best quarterback in the draft, his response was simply, "Why not?" With two national championships and a slew of passing records under his belt from his three years as a starter at Alabama, he feels like the furthest thing from the second-tier prospect he's purported to be.

"The rest of those guys feel like they're the best," he said. "It's a mind-set you have to carry in yourself. I feel like my play speaks for itself over the three years I started in the SEC. I definitely do."

McCarron didn't run in the 40-yard dash or compete in many of the other timed drills at Alabama's pro day, but he did throw the ball around for the bevy of scouts in attendance, playing catch with former teammates Kevin Norwood, Kenny Bell and Marquis Maze. Saints coach Sean Payton and Eagles coach Chip Kelly were among the more high profile NFL types in attendance.

"This isn't pressure," McCarron said. "This is easy. This is practice."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10596899/aj-mccarron-says-best-quarterback-nfl-draft