Al Jefferson to Jazz

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by J_Ray, Jul 13, 2010.

1. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Source

Supposedly the Memphis 1st rounder and a future Utah 1st.

I love this move, Al Jefferson is a great post scorer and really adds a star next to Deron Williams. Jefferson is more of an actual big compared to Boozer, who settles for too many jumpers against long bigs. The Jazz are taking on 3 years, $42 Million which is actually better than the Boozer deal. Boozer wanted to be paid long term and would be 34+ by the time his contract expired, while Jefferson will be 28 and expires same year as Deron Williams. For such a small market team, I think that committing money long term is a bigger deal to them than bigger markets would care about. Hopefully Utah can build around Deron and Al Jeff moving forward w/ Kirilenko's contract coming off their books next year and Memo's the next year.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The KG deal just keeps getting worse for the TWolves. LOL.

I also love this move by Utah because Jefferson gives them another 20/10 capable player to replace Boozer and takes pressure off Milsapp. The only concern is Jefferson's health and track record of being injured. D-Will should help him elevate his game.

3. J_Ray

I keep hearing about Al Jefferson having injury concerns but the only significant time he has missed was his ACL tear but he came back and played 76 games this year. Missed 6 games from a DUI and attending a funeral, nothing w/ his knee. It typically takes 2 years to get back to 100%, so I think Al Jefferson should be fine moving forward. Playing next to Deron Williams should be big, and Al Jeff really is a paint presence that can alter a few shots....or more so than Memo or Boozer ever have.

4. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    the jazz now have a really good lineup.

5. Shapecity

Who should they get to replace Korver?

6. J_Ray

I guess you're forgetting Wes Matthews too :( Rumor is they're talking to Roger Mason Jr., Shannon Brown, Ronnie Brewer, and possibly Raja Bell. So I wouldn't say Utah has upgraded quite yet when they have lost 2 wings players too anticipating they let Matthews go. Memo is out too, so they really need shooting and I don't think Hayward is ready to step in yet.

7. Shapecity

Raja Bell

8. J_Ray