Aldridge As Good As Advertised

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">OK, so the other kid can play, too.

As Brandon Roy departs for at least a week, and probably longer, the Trail Blazers? other lottery pick in the June draft made his NBA debut an extremely successful one Sunday night against Dallas.

LaMarcus Aldridge, with only a couple of full practice sessions under his belt as he?s worked his way into shape after August shoulder surgery, couldn?t have made a much better first impression.

The 6-11 Aldridge, taken by Portland from Texas with the second pick in the draft, didn?t do a lot in his six-minute stint in the first half, missing two shots from the field. When he entered late in the third quarter, it was a different story. Aldridge sank 5 of 7 shots from the field in the fourth period. He finished with 10 points and eight rebounds ? six off the offensive glass ? in 19 minutes.

?He had a lot of energy, a lot of bounce in him,? Portland coach Nate McMillan says. ?I didn?t know how many minutes I was going to play him. He just played ? and he did some really good things.?

McMillan says there were times when Aldridge didn?t know the offense the Blazers were trying to run, given his limited playing time.

?I don?t have everything down yet,? Aldridge says. ?Sometimes (McMillan) might call something and I just space and try to go rebound, try to be as active as I can.?

Aldridge admits he had some butterflies when he first entered the game.

?The first time, you have the jitters,? he says. ?You?re nervous. When you go back in the second time, you?re more calm.?</div>

Source

2. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

He was awesome for us in our almost win against Dallas. 8 boards 6 of which were offensive and 10 points is great for the somewhat limited time he saw. I didn't see his shot, but some of the fellow Trail Blazers fans say he has a shot sort of liek Wallace with a high release.

I just hope that Aldridge doesn't get injured like Roy or else Portland is really in trouble.