All Star Weekend for the Supes

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Iron Shiek, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

I had mixed reviews about the performances from our Sonics this All Star weekend. Ridnour played well in the Rookie-Sophomore game (12 pts, 3 assists) but didn't fare as well in the Skills Competition. Vlad stunk up the joint in the three point contest and Ray didn't shoot the lights out either.
    Ray was aggressive and looked comfortable (17 pts) in the All-Star game but his teammate Rashard Lewis looked a bit overwhelmed (2 pts, 1-7 from the field).

I was hoping that Shard would have a big game so that he would come back the second half of the season believing that he really is a top notch player in this league. I think that our recent sputter can be attributed to his inconsistent play of late. He doesn't seem like he is extremely confident in what he brings to the table and I believe we will not advance past the first round of the playoffs if Lewis doesn't play at the level that he has the majority of the first half of this season. He most certainly is an All-Star talent but I'm not convinced that he has All-Star character as a player.

Overall good job Luke and Ray this weekend. We really need to gear up for this second half of the season b/c while other good teams seem to getting their second wind, we look to be a team that's beginning to burn out.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Would have been nice to see some standout performances, but bottom line is it's the second half of the season that counts, not the All-Star break. If Rashard starts shooting 1-7 in meaningful games, then I'll be concerned.

Still, Ray was only one basket off going to the finals of the shootout.

3. Shard

Shard Hi2u

I was disappointed...I thought for sure Ray would take the 3 point competition and I was hoping for a better showing by Rashard. But it is All-Star weekend so it really doesn't mean much. The Sonics have been so successful this season because of team ball and as long as they continue to win as a cohesive unit...well I'm just kosher.

4. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Rashard air'd his first attempt so you could tell he was nervous. In the paper today it said he put some extra work in (weights, shooting) right after the All-Star game so he 'wouldn't be one of the last guys off the bench, but one of the main guys' in next year's game.

So his sad performance will either motivate him to take it to the next level or put it in his mind that he doesn't belong.

Should be interesting to see how he reacts.

5. Semmi

Semmi JBB JustBBall Member

I'm little dissapointed with Radman and Allen because they didn't get past first round. Radman was very weak, Allen was just unlucky...otherwise it was good to have so many Sonics participating the AS Weekend!