All you complainers about first round exit

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by EGame, Apr 10, 2019.

1. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

Listen, I see the irony in me posting this considering Im no saint when it comes to posting emotionally, but all you guys saying first round exit, were getting swept, OKC is gonna annihilate us etc, show some damn pride to a team that fought hard all year. These guys have gone through hell and back fighting some emotional moments such as Paul Allens sad passing, the CJ injury and of course the Nurk injury. Before the season started everyone doubted Dame and the Blazers yet again thinking were the team out of the playoffs with Lebron coming to the west. Not only did we make playoffs, we got top 3 again. Give this team some fucking props and stop being such downers.

Could we lose in the playoffs? We sure as fuck can. Can we get swept? Sure. but take a moment out of your time to realize how hard they fought through some emotional circumstances to get here, and how hard they will fight in the playoffs to try and advance. Not to mention, we may have some future stars on our hands in Simons and skal?

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Nurk is out. If we win, we win. I’m not worried about it. I think there’s going to be some moves in the off-season regardless. I think Simons is the future at the two.

3. fumanchu

fumanchu Active Member

We are getting rolled. It's been fun a season tho.

4. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

OKC better match up for Lillard than Utah.

TorturedBlazerFan and hoopsjock like this.
  5. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

6. EGame

I agree. Listen I think this is a tall task for us and Im not saying people shouldnt say we won't lose. But seeing it plastered in the gamethread by some posters is annoying considering what we just witnessed tonight and really what we witnessed all season long. This team fought too hard for us to just throw in the towel. If they lose, they lose. But they aren't going to go down without a fight even when we are at a disadvantage with no Nurk.

7. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

I wanted the highest seed. Rockets and GS are the only powerhouse teams in the west. If we cant beat a hobbled OKC team or inexperienced Nuggets squad we weren't doing shit this post season anyways. I'm super excited we got the 3rd seed, I enjoy seeing us as underdogs (all national media will pick OKC), should be a very exciting playoffs!

Hell maybe we get swept maybe we make the WCF either way it was a great regular season and next year may be even better.

Go Blazers!

8. EGame

100% agreed. It will be questionable when we get Nurk back and how many games it takes for him to get back in the groove of it, but once he does plus seeing that we may have some other ballers on our squad, no matter what we do in the playoffs, thinking about the future really has me excited.

9. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Gonna be Entertainment at it's finest.

10. SharpesTriumph

Yeah and even outside Nurk; Jake had amazing development this year, Simons was awesome tonight which we've seen in summer leage, Zach is still under 21.

Enes has been a huge pickup, maybe we could keep him for the tax MLE if he can be a part time starter. His offense is much better than Nurk. His defense is something we have to keep in mind to fit him with the right lineups. But I see more effort from his D now than ever in his career.

Hell I even found myself happy with Meyers play this year, he's annoyed me more than any Blazer the last decade starting in his 3rd season. But maybe he is finally fitting into his Matt Bonner role 10th man role. And if not he is an expiring contract next season, as well as Turner.

Go Blazers!

hoopsjock likes this.
  11. RSC60

RSC60 Active Member

I just feel bad for Dame about this. He’s starting to develop a reputation nationally as a continuous 1st round exit player

12. SharpesTriumph

CP3 had the same thing, never making the conference finals until last year. The thing is nobody talks about the first round series he won or lost.

Dame has already been out of the first round twice. It's not some accomplishment or monkey on his back. If he beat a Utah team then we got smoked by the Warriors this year he isn't getting any more respect than he already has.

Now Dame has an actual chance to get to a WCF without our franchises second best player.

If he doesn't... well all national media will pick Westbrook/PG13 to beat us anyways.

hoopsjock likes this.