Allen Calls Out Sonics Offense

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Shapecity, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Without pointing a finger or singling anybody out, Ray Allen attributed the bulk of the Sonics' problems to the point guards' handling of the offense and a lack of frontcourt scoring, with the exception of forward Rashard Lewis.

The shooting guard's frustrations have been building since the start of the season. And during the course of this disappointing 7-11 campaign, he has made pointed, but not overly critical statements about the offense.

It was only a matter of time before Allen had a meltdown, and on Saturday night, he came as close as he has all season.

He had just scored 33 points ? 20 in the fourth quarter ? but the Sonics lost in the final seconds at Utah, 109-107. After ripping the officials for a few "phantom calls," Allen turned his attention to those inside the locker room.

"Offensively, the ball never came to my side," he said. "I tell Luke [Ridnour] and Earl [Watson] that they got to get me involved in the game in the first three quarters instead of waiting and trying to figure out what's going to happen, because I do some good things out there on the floor.

"Teams sit a man in my pocket, so my point guard has to do a better job of getting me in the flow of the game, because it's only going to result in good shots for them."

Other than the team's record and his dismal .312 three-point percentage, the statistics suggest Allen should be relatively content. His 25.3 scoring average is slightly higher than last season's career high of 25.1, and he has scored at least 30 in a game six times.</div>

Source

2. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

It might help if Ray wasn't playing like Kobe circa 2004.