Allen Crabbe

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Nate, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Nate

Nate #itsokaytobewhite #wakandaforever BANNED

Looks like he's finally out of his horrible shooting slump, and back to his averages from last year.
    9.2 points
    1.3 assists
    2.7 rebounds
    .385 3pt
    .468 2pt - still 4% lower than last year.

Now just to clarify.... I'm going to leave quarterman, layman, Napier, and pat off this next part.... I hope I don't confuse anyone.

Crabbe has the 4th best True Shooting % on the team, at .561
    Dame, CJ, and Mo, are ahead of him.

I think he's only going to keep getting better, but I've thought all along, that something's gotta give. We can't have that much money in Crabbe, Turner, and CJ.

With Mo shooting so well, Crabbe is that much more expendable. But if we could swap cousins, for CJ, and start Crabbe, I think we'd be a better team. It would suck to get rid of CJ though.

Who's gonna be gone by next season?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I would rather trade CJ for Cousins than Crabbe for Noel, just because I think the Cousins trade makes us borderline contenders.

3. Nate

Agreed. This Dame, and Cousins, is like the old Dame, and Aldridge, on steroids.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

6th man of the year!

(gotta give my fans something to hold against me ten years from now.)

GriLtCheeZ, Nate and Orion Bailey like this.
  5. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

I throwing this out there so it can catch some steam...
    CJ for Whiteside. :)

6. Nate

If only Neil could've gotten him....

Orion Bailey likes this.
  7. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

It has been said, there for it is.

8. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Ew

9. chzbrgr

chzbrgr Well-Known Member

CJ is untouchable! In both practical terms and plans for the future I'm sick of this stupid shit saturating the boards these days.

Dont use one positive game from Crabbe to bring this bullshit up AGAIN. We've been over this in other threads it's a fuckin stupid premise. Now if you want to talk about Crabbe looking like he's turning it around we can debate that. But this is fuckin pointless

dviss1 and Boob-No-More like this.
  10. Nate

What're you talking about?

I used a positive game from Crabbe?

We've been over what?

What the fuck are you talking about?

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Crabbe has had a couple decent games back to back....now if he can keep our bench mob beating other team's benchmob...job done. Because of his trade kicker and contract, I don't think he's tradeable now. Hopefully he'll start becoming consistent.

12. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

You seem upset.

Nate likes this.
  13. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Can we at least see three good games in a row from Allen Crabbe before we declare he's "back"?

Yeah, he's played well two games in a row. I'm not sure why that's considered good for a guy who makes $18.5 million a year, but it's the first time since Oct. 27 and Oct. 29 that he's scored in double figures in consecutive games.

This time last year, he was 2 games into a string of 7 games in a row in double figures. He was just starting a stretch of scoring in double digits 21 times in 26 games. How about we see something close to that before we start the C.J. trade talk?

In spite of his two good games, ALL his shooting percentages are still lower this year than they were last year:

2015-16: FG% = .459
    2016-17: FG% = .427

2015-16: 3FG% = .393
    2016-17: 3FG% = .385

2015-16: 2FG% = .506
    2016-17: 2FG% = .468

2015-16: FT% = .867
    2016-17: FT% = .853

2015-16: TS% = .572
    2016-17: TS% = .561

2015-16: eFG% = .541
    2016-17: eFG% = .522

As a result, his PTS/100 possessions is down from 19.8 to 16.1. His PER is still only 9.5 (compared to 12.2 last year) and his WS/48 is still less than half what it was last year (.040 vs. .098).

He's still not producing close to the same as he was last year, and here's the kicker - even if he was, he'd still be grotesquely overpaid.

And LOL that he's 4th on the team in TS% (not counting the end of bench guys). BFD, it's not like this team is loaded with great shooters. He's BARELY ahead of Mason Plumlee in TS% (.561 vs. .560) and keep in mind, Mason Plumlee is considered a terrible shooter who hasn't made a single 3-pointer all season and is shooting a very DeAndre Jordan-like .500 from the FT line.

But unlike Allen Crabbe, Mason Plumlee isn't paid for his shooting. He brings other things to the table, which is why his PER of 18.2 is almost twice as high as Allen Crabbe's. Crabbe is paid handsomely to do exactly one thing - shoot the basketball and shoot it well. The fact that it took two of his best games of the season to barely eek ahead of Mason Plumlee in TS% tells you exactly how disappointing Crabbe has been.

I'm pleased as punch that your favorite player has had two good games in a row, but I'd like to see a LOT more before entertaining any notion of trading C.J. and starting Crabbe.

The "good" news is we can't trade Crabbe until mid-January. So, we have five more weeks to determine his actual worth, both to this team, and as part of a trade package. Hopefully, he will continue to play well (for more than two games), increase his productivity and thus, increase his value. Whether we decide to trade him or keep him, a more productive Allen Crabbe is a good thing.

BNM

dviss1 likes this.
  14. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    If we trade CJ, it will blow up in our faces. Unless we're getting Durant, it's a bad deal.

Pinwheel1 likes this.
  15. Nate

I think a CJ for Cousins trade would be good regardless Crabbes play. But the main part is, if Crabbe is back to shooting the 3 well, then we will be able to trade him. At the very least, either he, or ET, have to be traded at some point. Their contracts are too big.

16. Nate

CJ can score really well. So can Cousins, in a way that we currently cannot. But Cousins can also rebound, and defend.

17. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    People are overvaluing Cousins. I'd love for him to be a Blazer but he has two things against him. He's been a cancer his entire career and he has a year left on his contract so he can walk for nothing. The guys with character flaws are buy low type guys because they can absolutely destroy a lockeroom. Trading CJ for Cousins does not fit that philosophy. That's overpay. Again, this is coming from a huge Cousins fan. Crabbe, picks, Plum/Meyers, yes. CJ for Cousins? No. Not to mention we're trading Damian's best friend for a complete unknown. Good franchises don't do that. The Chicago Bulls and Philadelphia 76ers of the NBA do.

On talent, Cousins would add more to this team. But other things must be considered as well. Too big of a risk to trade CJ who we have for 4 or 5 more years and wants to be here and is best friends with our PG. It's a panic move to trade him for Cousins.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    blue9, BonesJones and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  18. Nate

If we could've gotten Whiteside, or deandre Jordan, the Dame and CJ duo would work. But I don't think they're a championship duo without one of those guys. CJ has turned into a valuable trade asset, just a couple years ago, people on here were calling him a bust. If we can trade him for arguably the best center in the league, I say we do it. I also don't think he's a cancer.

Unless we think we can get him in free agency...

Do you think the warriors would've won a championship 2 years ago, if you swap Klay, with CJ? I don't.

19. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Man, give it a rest. Crabbe has one good game and you get all positive about him. All you Positive Pollies only post when someone has a good game.

20. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I'm a big fan of Crabbe. He's such a good defender. Probably my favorite bench player