Allen Practices With Team

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Trail_Blazer76, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">PHOENIX - For the first time this season, Seattle SuperSonics guard Ray Allen joined his teammates on the road, a sign that he soon will be on his way to returning to action.

Before the Sonics played the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday night, Allen worked out with strength and conditioning coach Dwight Daub on the floor at America West Arena.

He worked on shooting drills but, more importantly, he worked on conditioning. He ran up and down the court. He ran across the court. He ran side to side. He ran backward.

Afterward, Allen said he felt no pain or swelling in his surgically repaired right ankle.

But he said it through gasps of air because Allen was sucking a lot of wind, his hands on his knees, a stark contrast to his physical aplomb as one of the best-conditioned players on the court.

"I felt cloggy," Allen said. "My legs are heavy. But it's a good feeling to be able to sweat. For six weeks, I haven't been able to do anything. A lot of these players take for granted the type of (physical) rhythm they are in."

Allen said he expects to participate in practice Thursday. However, it still sounds as if he is a few weeks away from playing.</div>

Full Story

Good news Sonics fans. Hopefully Ray will be back soon.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Yep read that yesterday, it's fantastic news for Seattle and the league in general. That said I don't expect him back til January, but it's positive news nonetheless.