Almost There?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KBC, Dec 7, 2004.

1. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

Well you know about the trade rumors with Kidd and the Blazers. Along with the Rose/Carter trade for SAR/NVE. I personally would love this trade, and as of yesterday, things intesified.

Click Here for Article

2. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

wow. i thought it was going to happen but i didnt know how soon i might.

3. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 ...?

Mixer
    Can you imagine.....

Vince AND Kidd on the same

I would love one or the other but we would dominate with both.

4. SKingsFan104

SKingsFan104 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxaMillion711:</div><div class="quote_post">Can you imagine.....

Vince AND Kidd on the same

I would love one or the other but we would dominate with both.</div>

Ya thats a pretty tight combo, talk about ally-oops.

5. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 ...?

Mixer
    Talk about contender. I reallllly hope this happens

6. samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick JBB JustBBall Member

I cant believe this team. I picked them to be contenders because i thought they ALREADY HAD a good team. This team has great players in every position, a potential all-star in Zach, veteran leaders at the position you need them to be in Stoudamire, and Van Exel, a crowd pleaser in Darius a beast defender down low in Ratliff, great roll players in Anderson and the self proclaimed "Kobe stopper" but you guys are Struggaling. I didnt even say Abdur-Rahim and you guys dont need him. i would of kept this team and run wild with it, but now all the players are wondering if their gonna get traded, so why should they play, so hopefully this trade goes through than they can focus on taking out the Lakers and Clippers who are in the race.

7. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

Well they have actually been playing good as of late. And if you have been following them for the last few years, you would know that before this year, we had even more talent. We did have Scotie Pippen and Rasheed Wallace. Plus we had jermaine O'Neal, but he never played, so I guess that doesn't count. Point being, this is a funny year for you to have them as contenders when teams such as the Suns, Nuggets, and Seattle have been building up for this for quite some time. They acquired good (even star quality) players through trades and built upon a good team chemistry.

IMO, we need this trade. It will boost our confidence. Having an All-star player is essential. After Sheed left, we didn't make the playoffs. Getting rid of someone who doesn't want to be here (Portland) and getting someone that would like to be; someone so talented as VC or Kidd, would be great for the team, the fans, and even their morale.

8. Blazerfan101

Blazerfan101 JBB JustBBall Member

Hey..Who cares about a star player. In my mind, if Portland received a star player like Jason Kidd or Vince Carter, they would go downhill. They wont play as a team. If you look at the Blazers team now, (which is somewhat struggling) they all play as a team. Almost every night there is a different high scorer. This proves that they pull together as a team without a star player.