Amare trade idea!!!

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by NattaNerNuttaMan, Feb 6, 2009.

1. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    Seeing how Amare is apparently on the block...I had to come up with a deal to try and bring him over...so here it is....lol

Pheonix trades:

Amare Stoudemire

Minnesota trades:

Mike Miller
    Corey Brewer
    Rashad McCants
    Craig Smith
    two 1st Round picks (Boston & Utah's)
    one 2nd Round pick

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4975817
    -----------------------------------------------

Minnesota gets:

An All-Star talent to put in at Center next to the "shoulda been All-Star" Big Al. Not only does it add scoring punch but it adds marketable star power to help us put butts in the seats!

Phoenix gets:

Good player with exp (2010) contract in Miller and three young talents. And of course three additional picks to help with rebuilding!

Any Ideas? Feedback?!? Let me know!!! :cheers:

2. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    Amare isn't the right guy to pair with Jefferson. Bosh is a much better fit. You saw what happened with the 2008 Knicks right? Two low post guys who need the ball, didn't get the ball, and the team floundered. Same situation here. Bosh at least stretches the floor a bit and gives Al some space.

Plus, Phoenix gets nothing to replace Amare with. You'd probably have to trade Love in this deal.

3. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    You know what....the more I thought about it, the more I realized I just made a "knee-jerk" reaction. I was looking at it strickly from the "selling tickets" standpoint.

And you right...Craig Smith isn't enough of a replacement in the paint.... it would either take Love or Minnesota's 1st Round pick (projected top5-7) and Gomes to get Amare (along with the other mentioned pieces). An eventhough 'Sota could pay him whatever he would want...unless we pulled an instant help PG in this draft of next....Minnesota would be in for a world of hurt and with no serious caproom.
    Not to mention I'm really liking the play of Love and wouldn't want to give him up...

Although Amare is a Center...he wouldn't really clog the paint since he likes to step out and only plays inside on quick screens for dunks. With Amare stepping out...Big Al will still have room in the paint.

4. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    We would be worse defensively up front with STAT. He has 0 comprehension of the word defense and anything it is associated with. Plus he always seems to be the center of the lockerroom problems in Phoenix, we dont need that here we have good chemistry.

Sure he is an all star and a great player but i dont like him here, and I KNOW he wouldnt want to be here.

5. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Stat has a great mid range game.

Amare takes a lot of Jumpers, about 57% of his shots are composed of them, and is more efficient on them than Bosh. That wouldn't be the problem that causes the lack in chemistry.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  6. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Agreed, I don't think his issue in Minnesota lies in how he would fit on the court....but off it. I wasn't taking ito account the influence he might have with our young team.