An NFL player finally admits the truth....

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by TheBeef, Aug 2, 2009.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

An uncapped year is a negative to 99% of those involved, including the players. Dom Foxworth, a CB for the Ravens and one of the youngest players ever placed on the Executive Committee, said as much in an interview. From profootballtalk.com:

Yep, almost no one wins if it is allowed. And the biggest potential loser of all? The guy that many believe would be the biggest winner, Demarcus Ware, who would be denied unrestricted free agency and would be subject to annual tagging until he wasnt valuable anymore....

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    The players don't have a union anymore, right?

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

They do....for now....they have threatened to decertify if they are locked out, but it is counter productive and they wont....after years and years of ridiculous gains in salary, all of which come right out the pocket of the fans, the players are about to get slapped back into line....if the NFL wins their pending case in front of the Supreme Court, the players will eventually lose free agency and be told to play at the branch that hired you, just like we would get told if we tried to leverage one Walmart against another for salary gain....

4. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Pretty much the whole 2005 draft class who are banking on extentions sometime soon are the ones in grave danger. That's why Roddy White is holding out and I wouldn't be surprised of anyone else would.

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Really smart comments by Foxworth. It's kind of sad that he's provided more insight and awareness on this issue than almost every major media columnist out there.

Beef, do you honestly think that the NFL will win that case at the Supreme Court? I have my doubts.

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

My feeling is that they will prevail in the case and the whole landscape of professional sports will change....I happen to believe it will change for the better though.....