Anderson spikes bat, gets drilled; Royals top Chisox in 10

Discussion in 'American League Central' started by truebluefan, Apr 18, 2019.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Tim Anderson says he isn't sure what he did to rile up the opposing pitcher or get ejected from the game.

But he's certain of this much: He's not changing his ways.

And if flipping a bat to celebrate a towering home run offends the other team, so be it.

"It's all confusing," he said. "I'm the one that ended up in the locker room, and I was the one that got hit by a pitch."

The fiercely energetic Anderson spiked his bat following a home run and Kansas City's Brad Keller responded by drilling him with a fastball in his next at-bat, setting off a benches-clearing fracas in the Royals' 4-3, 10-inning victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.

Read more http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401074995

2. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Tim Anderson says he isn't sure what he did to rile up the opposing pitcher or get ejected from the game.

But he's certain of this much: He's not changing his ways.

And if flipping a bat to celebrate a towering home run offends the other team, so be it.

"It's all confusing," he said. "I'm the one that ended up in the locker room, and I was the one that got hit by a pitch."

The fiercely energetic Anderson spiked his bat following a home run and Kansas City's Brad Keller responded by drilling him with a fastball in his next at-bat, setting off a benches-clearing fracas in the Royals' 4-3, 10-inning victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.

Read more http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401074995