Andre Miller

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Courtking, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

The guy is good, but lets face it, he's really hurting our chances at Kevin Durant, who by the way had 37 points and 23 boards last night. My question to you is, would you trade Andre Miller for maybe another draft pick, or hang onto him?

2. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Hell yeah. I'd trade him in a heartbeat. He's a great player, and I really like how he has quickened the development of Andre Iguodala, but let's face it. He really doesn't give us a good chance of losing. I'd definetly trade him for draft picks and expiring contracts

3. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

<div class="quote_poster">C.K. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The guy is good, but lets face it, he's really hurting our chances at Kevin Durant, who by the way had 37 points and 23 boards last night. My question to you is, would you trade Andre Miller for maybe another draft pick, or hang onto him?</div>

I know it's not gonna happen, but he has to sit out the fourth quarter. That is when he plays best. It's annoying because I want Miller for our team that could possibly have a line-up of Miller, Iguodala, Carney, Durant/Oden, Dalembert but he's hurting our chances.

Here's how I look at it. We really can't trade him. That would be a boneheaded move. I think that the opposing schedule will get harder as some teams will make stronger pushes for the playoffs. Hopefully Boston starts playing better or somehow we have to lose a lot of games.

Those top 2 draft picks are better for our future than Miller, but I just feel uneasy of doing that.

4. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

I'd try to trade him for a young player with potential and draft picks. Either that, or keep him and trade someone else for a draft pick.

5. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't trade him. Unless we snag a guy like Ron Steele or Acie Law with one of our lower picks, I'd feel more comfortable going into 07-08 with Miller as the starting PG as opposed to Ollie, or Williams.

6. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Jokes aside, I wouldn't trade him. Unless we snag a guy like Ron Steele or Acie Law with one of our lower picks, I'd feel more comfortable going into 07-08 with Miller as the starting PG as opposed to Ollie, or Williams.</div>

We could always get another point guard in free agency though

7. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">We could always get another point guard in free agency though</div>

Who would wanna come here? [​IMG]

8. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Who would wanna come here? [​IMG]</div>

Eh, good point. Anyways, weren't we supposed to convert Iguodala to point guard? Personally, I hope we tank this season, and next season. That way we have a chance of drafting Greg Oden and Billy Walker [​IMG]

9. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Eh, good point. Anyways, weren't we supposed to convert Iguodala to point guard? Personally, I hope we tank this season, and next season. That way we have a chance of drafting Greg Oden and Billy Walker [​IMG]</div>

I'd rather have Derrick Rose.

10. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'd rather have Derrick Rose.</div>

Yeah, maybe. The only person I know that may be coming in the 2007 draft is Billy Walker.......

11. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Hopefully the Celtics can pick up someone like Pau Gasol so that we don't have to worry about this. Can Andre potentially fake an injury?

If it comes down to we have to trade him in order to tank, then I'll immediately look at a guy like Mustafa Shakur, who should be on the board late in the draft. He's from the Philadelphia area, and he played college ball along side of Andre Iguodala for a year or two in Arizona. Acie Law is another name to look for, but there's no real great point guard in this draft.

12. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I think we should keep Andre Miller. Yes he is good, but the 76ers haven't been that much better sense they got him. We don't have to have the top 2 worst records to get one of the top 2 picks though.

13. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

Although Philly is obviously in a rebuilding stage, I'm never a fan of trading away a player simply to make the team even worse. You have to keep the team happy and competitive in order to win, and de-moralizing the players by simply "tanking" a season has always seemed to be an outrageous thing to do in my opinion.

Of course, if the right deal comes along and a younger, promising and cheaper point guard is offered along with an expiring contract or two, I'd definitely pull the trigger. But I've never been a fan of teams that completely give up a season in order to get the number one pick. People pay good money to watch a team compete, not get blown out every game.

14. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I look at it like this.

Ask yourself:

Is Andre Miller going to be here the next time the 6ers contend for a championship?

The answer is obviously "no".

Then why keep him around?

15. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not saying that trading away is a definite no-no, but if you're going to trade him away, at least do it to obtain the right pieces for the future, not to simply tank the season.

Tanking the season means giving up on the fans, and fans are the only reason why the franchise is still in Philly... You can't simply stop giving an effort and stop playing hard just to obtain a draft pick.

16. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

I would really like Utah to make a run at Miller, because Sloan plays two PG's down the stretch no matter what and I'm simply sick of Fisher playing against 6'7" SG's. At least Miller would make everyone else better and give shots to the rest of the team. Utah could offer an expiring contract like Hoffa & put in a young player like C.J. Miles & put in their 1st this year or maybe just send you guys our NY pick we have.

17. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">asdf Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Tanking the season means giving up on the fans, and fans are the only reason why the franchise is still in Philly... You can't simply stop giving an effort and stop playing hard just to obtain a draft pick.</div>

Well, there are basically very few Sixer fans to begin with. Everyone is just sick and tired of this team. So if we make a move that pissess the fans off, it's not really going to have much of an effect since most Sixer fans are already pissed off. Also, I have yet to come across any Sixer fan that has said "we want to compete this season," or "we want to be in the playoffs." Everyone knows this season is pretty much a waste, so we've got our eyes set on Oden and Durant

If anything, if the Sixers all of a sudden start winning, I doubt we will have any fan base what so ever

18. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

The way I see it, there is no recourse but to trade him. Right now, he's really good. But Philly is a team that has a bright future. Future is the key word. Miller isn't getting any younger, and by the time Philly is ready to contend he'll probably have deteriorated. Trade him now, his value is high and you guys should be able to get something good for him. There is no point of having his talent right now if it won't do anything for you.

19. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

How about trading Andre Miller to someone like Iverson who'll help lose some games. [​IMG]

Iverson's value has gone down now that he's injured. Trade Andre Miller and Rodney Carney to the Nuggets for Iverson and hope for a AI/Iggy/Oden combo next season.

20. Really Lost One

^ Riiiiiiight.........

How about we just trade for Marbury