Angels back in Texas after Skaggs' death, Rangers rally, 8-7

Discussion in 'American League West' started by truebluefan, Aug 20, 2019.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Andrew Heaney struggled to describe his emotions with the Los Angeles Angels back in Texas for the first time since pitcher Tyler Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room before the start of a series against the Rangers last month.

Standing next to the No. 45 jersey hanging from the locker still reserved for Heaney's best friend, a joyous shout arose from a pre-game clubhouse competition near him. The Angels are showing some signs of healing, with Skaggs' memory clearly still weighing heavily on them.

"It's like a new kind of normal, but it's just a different ...," Heaney said before the game, his words trailing off. "Like I already have a hard enough time understanding my own emotions about it. Honestly I can't really give like you a good answer as to ... I'm sorry."

The Angels let a six-run lead get away in their return to the home of the Rangers on Monday night, losing 8-7 in 11 innings on Isiah Kiner-Falefa's high-chop infield single off Noe Ramirez (4-2) to score Jose Trevino, who started the rally in the fourth inning with his first career homer.

read more https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401076603