another BCS rant

Discussion in 'College Football' started by Thoth, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

If Texas A & M holds on, it could be Utah & Boise St in the Fiesta. Both are in the top 3 in scoring in the nation (Utes 3rd Broncos 2nd). Louisville - another non BCS is 1st.

I would love to see Utah & Boise in the Orange Bowl, Though, its a long shot and all it would take is USC, Texas, Auburn, & OU to lose and of course a Boise win.

I guarantee OU or Auburn will lose in their conference championship.

2. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Who does OU play in the championship?? K State? If they do K state may have a tough time beating them again. Auburn getting upset will be a long shot. The reason louisville and boise and utah are tyop scorers is because of the conference they are in. Stick them in the big 12 or Pac 10, or the best football conference SEC, they won't score near as many points.

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who does OU play in the championship?? K State? If they do K state may have a tough time beating them again. Auburn getting upset will be a long shot. The reason louisville and boise and utah are tyop scorers is because of the conference they are in. Stick them in the big 12 or Pac 10, or the best football conference SEC, they won't score near as many points.</div>

I agree that the reason for the scoring is as you suggested. Further, I concur that the SEC is the best conference

Utah would be competitive in this years Big 12 north, Big east, and perhaps SEC west.

OU plays Iowa St? Both B12 & SEC c'ships are 12/4.