Another piece leaves

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Dean Demopoulous, who spent four years as an assistant coach with Sonics on the same staff with Casey, also will be a Wolves assistant. Demopoulos joined Seattle after 17 years as an assistant at Temple University.

The third assistant Casey would like to hire is under contract and is trying to get his release. If that person is not available, it is possible that either Randy Wittman or Sidney Lowe, assistants under Flip Saunders and Kevin McHale, would stay on the Wolves' staff.</div>
    <font size="1">
    Full Story courtesy of Sid Hartman and the Star Tribune.</font>

I don't know a lot about Dean or what sort of contributions he had on the team, but yet another part of a dream season falls.

2. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

Dean was a very good asset to the coaching staff.

People associate him w/ the college game, but I felt that he was a good assistant while he was w/ the Sonics. He knew a lot, but he didn't have the voice on the team to really get the players attention. He was kind of the third wheel while Nate and Dwane articulated their points to the team.

I found him to have a high knowledge for the game in the few interviews that I've seen him have. I know that he is hoping to get the Temple job when Chaney is finished, but getting a fresh start in Minnesota w/ his friend seems to be a good choice for Dean.

These defections may play a role in Nate deciding to come back or not. If he does come back we are all going to see how much of an impact that his former coaches had. I'm not sure if Nate can run the ship the right way on his own. Those assistants did wonders for keeping player morale high.