Another year of no TV coverage for me, apparently

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by chris_in_pdx, Oct 28, 2008.

1. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

All the "get your hopes up" talk from the Blazers and their minions over the summer, worthless again. This DirectTV customer is still caught in the middle of the pissing match between the Satellite distributors and Comcast, and the Blazers as a publically unwilling but realisitically willing partner in crime.

The next time I listen to the radio and Wheels, Rice, Barrett, or whomever makes a sideways comment about how things are "looking promising", I'm going to call up and threaten to beat the crap out of them.

2. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

start a blog about it.

3. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

I agree and don't listen to any of the Blazer crap about the deal is coming soon. It isn't going to happen until Comcast changes their demands which I'm not sure they even want to have Directv/Dish carry the channel until they stop getting people to switch over from other providers.:sigh:

4. BlazerFanForLife

BlazerFanForLife Member

Does Dish Network have comcast sports net yet, I've been away for awhile and don't remember reading anything.

5. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

No and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to show up on Dish.

6. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Nope. I'm a Dish subscriber, but my local telephone company just signed a deal with Comcast to carry CSN on their new fiber optic system. I have my order in to switch over and I can hardly wait to tell Dish why I'm dropping their service.

7. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Dude it sucks -- I'd tell ya to come over tonight and bring a 12 pack, but hell, a bar would probably suffice.

8. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Where do you live? I'm on my way!

9. VenomXL

VenomXL Well-Known Member

It's funny, I went to my cable provider (Charter) to clear up a bill issue and like a block away from their offices is a billboard that says "missing the Blazers? call your local cable operator and demand CSNW."

I had to laugh...

10. MrJayremmie

MrJayremmie Well-Known Member

They should at least stop blacking out League Pass Blazer games for people who do not have the channel... to allow them to view the games that way. This is getting absolutely ridiculous...

11. BlazersBlood

BlazersBlood It's flowing within me.

Fuck Comcast. I'm not going to jump ship and give into their tactics. I'll either stream the game off the net, go to a friends house, or listen to the game on the radio.

12. EWT

EWT BDLL

Before you drop Dish notice that Verizon FiOS TV only gets the SD broadcast of Blazer games. That means no HD goodness for the Blazers on FiOS. For everyone out there as frustrated about this as I am go buy a Slingbox!!!!!

They can be found for around $120. Just hook it up at a friends or family member's house who does have Comcast and watch all of the games in SD quality. No need to switch providers etc. Keep your current setup until one side gives and CSN is available to all of us!

13. Paxil

Paxil Active Member

Software engineer
    I think there *will* be a deal this year... and here is why. Demand for Blazers will be highest in a long long time at the start of the season. People will switch to Comcast... we have seen some here... I have seen the Comcast van all around my neighborhood. Comcast wants to get those people to switch... but in the long term they also need dish and direct etc...

So they let the people switch who are going to... then 2-3 weeks after the installs are all done they announce a deal with everyone else. (Probably backing off their asking price) And everyone is happy... well... expect the people of missed the first few weeks of the season... or who switched to Comcast and are stuck with them. =)

The Blazers did say that after this season they would consider backing out of deal if Comcast didn't have deals worked out... so I think they will. Honestly I think had Oden not been injured... they would have done the deal last year... but his injury put everything on hold.

So bottom line... I think there is reason for hope.

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  14. Paxil

Paxil Active Member

Software engineer
    BTW EWT... I thought I saw a CSNW HD channel appear in the Fios lineup... even though they told me they would NOT be having CSNW in HD. I don't known for sure because I haven't seen a game yet this year... but I will check it out tonight. The channel was near the other HD channels.

15. Trailblazed&Confused

Trailblazed&Confused Member

I don't know if the deal will get done this year. I thought I read somewhere that Comcast wants something like $6 per subscriber or something like that. It's one thing to demand something like that from a cable company that is in Oregon, but ridiculous from a national provider's standpoint.

16. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

get the deal done you bitches!!!!!

17. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

I thought I heard Crapzano say that Comcast was asking about $1.50.

I think a deal will get done this year. Predictions anyone? I predict around end of January.

18. gatorpops

gatorpops Allen Crabb hits winning shot on Nov24 vs Blazers

Honey-Do's
    I have a suggestion for how to put pressure on the Blazers and the Providers. :tsktsk::deadhorse::devil::evilwait:

1. List all the sponsors you know of that are on the various broadcasts along with contact info for each and addresses for the Blazers and Providers.

2. Boycote the above sponsors.

3. Post on this board and others this list along with a form letter to be copied by each and everyone that wants to and send to the Blazers and to Comcast and to Directv and Dish and to each sponsor that we are all boycoting their services until all have equal availability to view the games.

I am not very good at this sort of thing but maybe someone could/would provide this info and we might just get some action. Call to Directv and the Blazers and Comcast don't seem to work.

g

19. Paxil

Paxil Active Member

Software engineer
    I contacted the Blazers to complain last year... and they did take the time to at least respond. That may be the best bet... Blazers have the leverage if they want to use it. Right now they are both waking up in bed with each other... and I don't think we have the pressure to create a lover's quarrel. I volunteer to sleep with a Blazer dancer if it will help though.

20. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Hey btw, isnt tonight's game on TNT? So that's cool :) at least you guys can see that right?